Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm pond bass fishing in November - tips??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farm pond bass fishing in November - tips??

Hey everyone,
    I am going to my mom's place this weekend and she has a 10-acre or so pond that we tore up bass fishing in March. I've never fished it this late in the year so I'd like some tips if you can offer some.

In March, we used brush hogs and Ribbit frogs with a lot of success. They have a lot of crappie too.

Thanks in advance!

Been catching them on spinner baits in my pond.

Comment

Get three dozen bass minnows and some weights and bobbers and go to town. Enjoy it.

Comment

1/4oz willow leaf spinner baits slow rolled over any grass. Pumpkin seed crawworms and of course, the ole farm pond legend......yellow and black bettle spin

Comment

I'd start with the frogs again and then move to a spinnerbait, senko, or brush hog. As warm as it's going to be this week, it will warm the water up some and keep the fish active.

Don't be afraid to throw that brush hog weightless and slowly swim it back.

Comment

Thanks y'all. Keep it coming.

Comment

you can probably catch them on the same stuff you did before. fall pattern, especially as warm as it's been, shouldn't be that far off from the spring pattern in a pond.

Comment

First bass I ever caught over 5lbs was on Thanksgiving 1988. I caught it on a spinner/buzz type bait, that was fresh out by BPS. Water temp, would be what matters, IMO. Spinner can be good year round in our pond. Just slow it down if cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  1/4oz willow leaf spinner baits slow rolled over any grass. Pumpkin seed crawworms and of course, the ole farm pond legend......yellow and black bettle spin

Or yellow, white, orange, lime green etc.
                  any beetle spin!

Comment

For Pond bass, I'd go with a Senko or Whacky worm. If overcast try a Pop-R or a Fluke.

Comment

DuPont spinners are guaranteed to work ANY time of the year....

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        Shane is wrong on the color of the beetle spin. You should use a green one

Comment

Buzzbait....all day long

Comment

My go to in bass ponds is watermelon w/ gold, black or red flake sinko worms fished weightless.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntin_Toona View Post
                              DuPont spinners are guaranteed to work ANY time of the year....

Comment

Working...
                              X