• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck Shiloh!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck as well Shiloh!! Hey, I made me a tool years ago for removing broadheads buried in a tree... Seems I too have the tendency to "occasionally" bury one in a tree! Anyway, if ya weren't so far I could help ya out... but, I guess all I can give ya at the moment is... Get to whittlin' Good luck on finding the big nasty boar! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Oh, and good luck to the Missus as well! Yeah, I'm stuck at work...

Comment

Good luck this morning!!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Well, no blood spilled this morning. The wife had a buck come in but elected to pass. I think I've rubbed off on her abut because when we first got together, she'd shoot anything! The last couple years since she's really started running cameras with me and seeing how the bucks jump in size, she's become more picky on me. [emoji4]

We looked for a bit for the pig with no luck. We had a pretty heavy due on the ground so if there was just a lil blood, it most likely was washed out. The strip of timber I was in wasn't very big and I'm pretty sure he went out of it and into shoulder high prairie grass. I got my arrow and there is a pig out there somewhere with a hole in him so I'm good with it!

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
                  Good luck as well Shiloh!! Hey, I made me a tool years ago for removing broadheads buried in a tree... Seems I too have the tendency to "occasionally" bury one in a tree! Anyway, if ya weren't so far I could help ya out... but, I guess all I can give ya at the moment is... Get to whittlin' Good luck on finding the big nasty boar! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

May have to pick your brain a bit on your broadhead removal tool. Only had about an inch out of 3 inches sticking out and it was a booger getting out!!

Comment

Heck if you got it without destroying the head you did good. Depending on the type of tree I cut in around the head on both sides and try to create a "pocket" to start working the head out.

Comment

I'll see if I can get ya some pics of the "redneck broadhead dislodger"! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
                        I'll see if I can get ya some pics of the "redneck broadhead dislodger"! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Sounds good sir!

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                        Heck if you got it without destroying the head you did good. Depending on the type of tree I cut in around the head on both sides and try to create a "pocket" to start working the head out.

It came out pretty unscathed for the most part so I was definitely happy about that.

Back at it this morning and it actually feels like hunting weather. Big front pushed thru last night bringing some rain and a big northerly wind. Going the change will have the deer on their feet.

Comment

Just had the arrival of a doe and yearling. Sure tempting!!

Comment

Good luck!!

Comment

Few more visitors

Comment

We back after them one more time. Have to work late all week so this will be it till next weekend, but I'll be giving the deer around here a break and heading south to chase after red stags and pigs for a few days. My main target buck on this place had been here the last two nights about 35 minutes or so after shooting light, but with the front that rolled in and the northerly winds I'm hoping it gets him on his feet and here a bit earlier this evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X