6.8 spc build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.8 spc build?

If you were going for a budget friendly AR in 6.8, what would you build? I want 1" MOA at 100yards I don't want a 5 inch group. I know budget friendly is a term that is well over worked and y'all are probably sick of it. I just want a decent rifle without dropping 1500.
    My purpose: Hunting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2 places you don’t want to skimp on is the barrel and the trigger. The rest can be as budget as you can get. Look at Palmeto for All but the things I mentioned. I really liked the ARP barrel. ARP also has a forum that you can check out.
    Last edited by bowaddict40; 03-08-2018, 08:28 PM.

Comment

I would spend some time here...these guys got that all covered.

A forum community dedicated to 6.8 SPC firearm owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

I would probably build an upper & start with a quality bbl but I'm sure there are good & accurate set ups ready to go...most will tell you there is no reason to go longer than 16" as the round is very efficient with the min length tube.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
        I would spend some time here...these guys got that all c overed.

A forum community dedicated to 6.8 SPC firearm owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

I would probably build an upper & start with a quality bbl but I'm sure there are good & accurate set ups ready to go...most will tell you there is no reason to go longer than 16" as the round is very efficient with the min length tube.
        Second this. 6.8 Forum will answer all your questions. AR Precision (ARP) barrels are hard to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          I would spend some time here...these guys got that all covered.

Thanks. Problem I run into is they all say PSA but on their website they're not available anymore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been very happy with my Bison Arms barrel. Go ahead and buy the bolt carrier from who ever you by the barrel from. I bought their complete upper assembled. Good advice about getting a quality trigger it will make a big difference in your group size.

Comment

I went with cheap everything and been pleased, Me, my dad, Mom, and girlfriend has killed everything We’ve ever pointed it at. With 95-100 gr bullets, it shoots 1” or under, with 120 gr sst it shoots 2” groups

Went with a Anderson lower and parts
              Magpul grip and stock
              Ar15parts.com 16” complete upper with stainless barrel and bcg

Comment

My old ar was a bison upper. Incredible shooter. I think one of the best things to spend a little extra on is the trigger. I like the ones cnc makes.

Comment

Arp barrel, arp bcg, vltor upper, psa complete lower, cmc single stage, vltor e mod, geissle mk8 (comes with a gassblock), whatever gas tube, whatever muzzle device and a bcm mod 4 charging handle. Huck the crappy stock/trigger for a few bucks. About a 1200.

Comment

Working...
                  X