• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chainsaw question on a 011

Is this the oil pump for the bar?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

No. It is behind the clutch.

Comment

Google you model. Some saw are merely gravity fed.

Comment

Any idea what that is? The aluminum piece in the middle pushes in.

When the saw sits it leaks oil out of a hole with cutter pin it. (Looks like cotter pin) While running it won't oil the bar. I've clean the bar grove/hole out. I even blew the bar out with air. Still won't oil. Oil level stays the same.

Comment

Yeah look up a schematic but they are like mostly mentioned gravity fed and just a hole.

Comment

Shiner,
            When I doubt the oiler on my chainsaws, first thing I do is drain the bar oil and add diesel slosh around dump, and run short period with more diesel to see if it will sling diesel. You may already have done this, just putting it out there.

Comment

Originally posted by shiner78 View Post
              Any idea what that is? The aluminum piece in the middle pushes in.

When the saw sits it leaks oil out of a hole with cutter pin it. (Looks like cotter pin) While running it won't oil the bar. I've clean the bar grove/hole out. I even blew the bar out with air. Still won't oil. Oil level stays the same.

I believe that is just a vent, you can push it in and oil will come out. Stihl saws are notorious for "seeming" like they have little to no oil coming out of the oiler. You have to remove the clutch assembly and the oil pump is back there. Each model has a different style , not sure about yours. Also there are small hoses on the pump that can get blocked up, cracked or come off.

Comment

Working...
              X