Offshore Fishing April-Port Aransas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offshore Fishing April-Port Aransas

I'm supposed to be down in Corpus sometime early next month and wanted to try and get booked for an 8 or 12 hour offshore trip. Is that a bad time of the year to try and go with the south winds we generally get? And what species is the main target around that time of the year?

Not sure of the target fish for that time period, I'm heading out for snapper first week of June. Is that what your gunnin for?

Comment

Originally posted by rcm719 View Post
      Not sure of the target fish for that time period, I'm heading out for snapper first week of June. Is that what your gunnin for?
      My wife and I have never been. So pretty much anything we catch will make it a fun trip.

Comment

well good luck! yall will have a blast.

Comment

Wind will be the determining factor on those trips. Most likely will get in on some kingfish and some vermillion snapper. That being said you never really know what's gonna eat your bait out there.

Comment

Wind can be brutal in the spring. 12 hour trips are typically better than 8 hour. Ive had good trips using deep sea headquarters and dolphin docks. However, I'm not sure who the captains are at either place these days.

April will target vermillion snapper- perhaps AJ and ling if conditions are good. Ask if they are targeting sharks - could be very disappointing (good if that's what you like).

Some charter boats had a red snapper permit that allowed them to fish outside the regular short summer season.

Use meclizine if there are motion sickness concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the info on these.
              I was thinking about using Dolphin Dock. Their rates are not horrible for a 12 hour trip.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                Thanks for the info on these.
                I was thinking about using Dolphin Dock. Their rates are not horrible for a 12 hour trip.
                I've used them before on a 4 hour trip and had a blast so I'm sure the longer one would be even better.

Comment

Working...
                X