Ramcats or QAD exodus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ramcats or QAD exodus

With the razortricks being discontinued I want to try a new head this year. I like the looks of the QAD and it is supposed to be unltra sharp how is the durability compared to Ramcats?

Have you'll had any trouble with the blades holding up to hard impacts?

Took the 125 gr. exodus with me to Africa a couple years ago and performed great. Been shooting them ever since.

Comment

I actually carry and shoot both. Exodus is a very stout head and very sharp. Ramcats are very sharp also with a stout ferrule but the blades will bend. Now I didn't say break which is important. They stay full length and still cut when they bend and may actually be more forgiving on some bone hits by acting that way. Wouldn't hesitate to shoot anything in the US with either head

Comment

Viper tricks are awesome! Killed two 100 plus pound hogs in one shot!

Comment

Killed a bunch of critters with Ramcats here and in Africa. Never had one fail or bust apart. Not many fixed or hybrid heads can match the cutting diameter of the Ramcats.

Comment

We had a few problems with ram cats, switched to exodus and none of us have had any blade failures ,yet. Exodus are like ram cats on steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
              We had a few problems with ram cats, switched to exodus and none of us have had any blade failures ,yet. Exodus are like ram cats on steroids.
              What failures?

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                What failures?

Don't know what his failure is, but my buddy had 2 fail on him, and they both broke at the same spot

Comment

I love Ramcats, but unfortunately I've had a lot of issues with them catching on my Tightspot quiver so I switched to Slick Trick Mags. The 125gr ramcat blades make BIG holes and you can swap them into the 100gr heads. It's only a 9gr difference by doing so.

Buddy of mine shoots the Exodus and loves them. Both are great heads.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                    What failures?
                    We had the blades bend and brake on a few. We were not sure if they broke in the animal or after pass through and upon impact with ground. But the last time we found out, we were cleaning a deer and my buddy cut his had pretty bad. The blade had broke and was sticking out of the bone, as he ran his hand down the bone it cut him and came lose, in the meat some where. We threw a good bit of meat out so no one would swallow it. We joked and said if we are going to keep shooting these we are going to invest in a metal detector to run over the meat before we wrap it. So we switched to exodus, with the full blades. But ram cats have been good to many, I(we) just don't shoot them any more.

Comment

The durability of a ram cat can't be compare to an exodus. I shot the ram cats for a while and they fly great, but I had blades bend just from shooting them into a target. I've never shot the exodus, but my brother and his wife do and they are extremely durable. I've seen them shoot multiple critters wth 1 head and that head is still in their quiver. His wife has had a pass through with every shot from her exodus even all on the pigs she's shot with her low poundage

Comment

Kd350, what did you hit to break those heads? Anything usually hard or just standard ribs and shoulders?

Comment

Originally posted by bm22 View Post
                          Kd350, what did you hit to break those heads? Anything usually hard or just standard ribs and shoulders?
                          those were both mine, one was the off shoulder on about a 200lb boar and the other was a miss and hit the ground, they both broke flush with the insert

Comment

I started shooting ram cats this year and they have been great to me. I personally like that the blades are thin like they are. It helps them bend and not break. The thicker the blades are the more prone they are to break. Good luck I think you will be happy with either choice.

Comment

Ima Ramcat fan. Penetration wise, I'll match it with any broadhead mentioned above! Flight wise I will do the same. Durability, well if you bend the blades back to position if they get bent, no problem[emoji16]!
                              The ShuttleTlocs are other heads I've considered before but don't know much about..

Comment

Working...
                              X