Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Green Egg (or similar) or a Yoder pellet grill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wife gave me the green light for a Christmas present to ourselves. I've been researching both of these for weeks now, but I'm still unsure and I'm really not leaning towards one or the other.

What day the green screen? Anyone out there have both?

I love my big green egg. Oven, grill and smoker. Had it for 8 or 9 years.

No experience with pellet grills.

There are other ceramic grills that will do a good job.. I was looking at the kamado jo.. it is oval more that the round shape of the egg. I think that might be better for brisket.

Comment

I was just in the same boat (on a much cheaper scale, however) and went with a pellet smoker (camp chef smoke pro). Mainly because of the deal I found, but also because I already have gas / charcoal cooking capabilities for grilling and the ease of smoking on a pellet grill is unreal.

Side note, if I had the $ to drop on an egg, that's probably the route I would have gone.

Comment

I have a GMG Daniel Boone pellet grill and we cook everything from meatloaf to brisket it's convenient to put on your meat and be able to walk away for hours my neighbor is a dealer for yoder's and all other pellet grills check out his website or Facebook sight Chillin-n-Grillin Products

Comment

Primo xl
          Last edited by Jaycar85; 12-14-2016, 09:02 PM.

Comment

I've got the primo xl and love it. It's awesome to be able to set up a smoke for 18 hours and not touch it once it gets rolling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I love my Yoder! Anyway you wanna cook it will do it. 130degrees all the way to 600degrees. I have no experience with BGE though. And the ability to set it and forget it....priceless! And yes I USED to have a stick burner!

Comment

Not to derail, but the Walmart at tidwell and 290 in Houston has the smokepro se pellet grills on sale for 200. They are 370+ everywhere else I have found them.

Comment

Another vote for the Primo XL.

Comment

I've had a BGE for almost 10 years and bought a Blazin Grill Works Grand Slam in May. Having both suits my needs and I use both to cook numerous things. My wife doesn't like a bunch of smoke so she prefers the pellet grill results. After getting the pellet grill and looking on related forums, I've learned a bunch about how to cook. I don't think you can go wrong whichever one you buy. Good luck!

Comment

I've been in the market for a kamado style grill to replace my cheap gas grill that finally kicked the bucket and to complement my horizontal offset. Can't make up my mind on whether to go the the Egg, Primo, or Kamado Joe. All seem great. Seems like the Egg has the most accesory options but the Primo and KJ have learned from the Egg's shortcomings.

Comment

If it were me I'd go with the Yoder YS 640.

Comment

I have a BGE XL. Love that thing. But, I really want to get ahold of a Yoder too. Those things are awesome. Tough decision.

Comment

Originally posted by CWP View Post
                            I've been in the market for a kamado style grill to replace my cheap gas grill that finally kicked the bucket and to complement my horizontal offset. Can't make up my mind on whether to go the the Egg, Primo, or Kamado Joe. All seem great. Seems like the Egg has the most accesory options but the Primo and KJ have learned from the Egg's shortcomings.
                            Just my opinion but I went with the Sam's Club Vision Kamado at less than half the price and couldn't be happier.

Comment

Big Green Egg. I blame Thorthunder for talking me into it. Best cooking appliance purchase ever. Easy to set up to smoke for 18 hours with no problem. Consistent heat at specific temperature, no problem. I cook on the egg about 3 x's a week. Easy to light, easy to snuff out the fire, then re-light the next day.

Comment

Working...
                              X