No announcement yet.

2018 Hagerman Seg. A - Roll call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I’m going to choose option 3, too much rain and it’s going to be a few weeks before it even starts to dry out. We do need clarity on if the hunt area will be the 2018 or 2019 units if segment A is cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by Codypatt1 View Post
      Looks like I’m going to choose option 3, too much rain and it’s going to be a few weeks before it even starts to dry out. We do need clarity on if the hunt area will be the 2018 or 2019 units if segment A is cancelled.
      I emailed with Gayle and she stated that Big Mineral will be added next year. I'm assuming they will just let us hunt the units that are showing to be open on the application from this year. The app shows that 2019 units will be Meyers, Harris, Big Mineral.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
        I emailed with Gayle and she stated that Big Mineral will be added next year. I'm assuming they will just let us hunt the units that are showing to be open on the application from this year. The app shows that 2019 units will be Meyers, Harris, Big Mineral.
        that would be my assumption as well. essentially a "golden ticket" for next year segment A.

i think chances of a good hunt are better if waiting it out another year. on the other hand, never know what will happen over a years time ... kind of a "bird in hand better than 2 in the bush" thought creeps into mind. either way I'll be OK whether it goes w/ option "2" or "3".

maybe option "3" could throw a wrench into moving to tpwd draw system

Comment

Originally posted by boomerball View Post
          that would be my assumption as well. essentially a "golden ticket" for next year segment A.

i think chances of a good hunt are better if waiting it out another year. on the other hand, never know what will happen over a years time ... kind of a "bird in hand better than 2 in the bush" thought creeps into mind. either way I'll be OK whether it goes w/ option "2" or "3".

maybe option "3" could throw a wrench into moving to tpwd draw system
          I'm with ya. I'm good with either option, just would like to know sooner rather than later. Need to plan accordingly if option2 is the choice and get more scouting done this weekend, and the next.

Comment

If you can trust the weatherman, forecast doesn't call for heavy rain thru midday Friday, then clearing Saturday with good weather next week. Not sure how fast they can drop the lake, but you guys may be fine, just bad that you are a week and half away from something that has taken 3 or more years to draw.

SFA, you going to scout via raft, or waders and a life jacket?

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
              If you can trust the weatherman, forecast doesn't call for heavy rain thru midday Friday, then clearing Saturday with good weather next week. Not sure how fast they can drop the lake, but you guys may be fine, just bad that you are a week and half away from something that has taken 3 or more years to draw.

Kayak, waders, life jacket!

Problem is the corps of engineers is decreasing the outflow because of flooding downstream so the lake isn't going to be dropping very fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post

They can't drain texoma fast like some other lakes, it doesn't have a ton of large gates, plus it huge. If I had to guess it won't be done rising for a week and the won't begin releasing water in earnest for a week after that. There will be high water during Seg A, just depends whether that's 8 feet over pool or 15'. Might still be high for Seg B.

Comment

All I need is about 5 acres to hunt this year and I’ll be hunting next year anyways.

Going on an adventure!

Comment

Another problem with opening Texoma gates is there go all the stripers again.....

Comment

I chose option 3. I cannot imagine how close everyone will be with thousands of huntable acres under water.

Hope we find out the results soon.

Comment

Discussed with the wife, and for a PETA member she actually had a decent idea. Move the Seg A dates to the Seg B weekend, move Seg B to the Seg C weekend, and add a December weekend and move Seg C to mid December.

However, I do like my Seg B dates.

Actually, just rethought this, ans it would impact the entire draw list vs. Seg A hunters, probably not the best choice. So disregard the above.
                        Last edited by Razorback01; 10-16-2018, 04:01 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Lake was almost 11ft high at last check. Y'all would probably serve yourselves well by option 3. Even with the extra acreage it's still going to be somewhat crowded in areas.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                            Another problem with opening Texoma gates is there go all the stripers again.....
                            that was when the lake got 30' high and went over the spillway, not through the gates

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                              that was when the lake got 30' high and went over the spillway, not through the gates
                              3 times in one year

Comment

From friends of hagerman
                                Lake Texoma is 628.12 and still rising. The level is expected to be 630.5 by this Saturday, but that likely will not be the crest. Due to flooding downstream, the current release rate is only 5,000 cfs.

Comment

Working...
                                X