No announcement yet.

"Stinging cold - average precipitation"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my. They must be following the Great Phil's forecast. "As I've been telling you for months, we are headed for a polar sub zero extended mega snowmageddon winter..."

Comment

If it's "stinging cold" in the hill country, I'm going to see a massive die-off. Deer didn't get much to eat this spring/summer and don't have a fat store built up.

Comment

Bring it
        I have more clothes I can put on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          All of the cold, please. There are entirely too many degrees around here.
          ^This. WAY too many degrees.....

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
            Bring it
            I have more clothes I can put on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            yep, can always put on more clothes....can only take off so many....legally anyways

Comment

My Grandpa used to live off the Farmer's Almanac. He was a farmer and his crop seed would go into the ground based off the Almanac. More times than not, the Almanac was spot on. He passed away this year on February 1st at the age of 87 and I cant remember a time in my adolescent and adult life that he and my Dad were not following this book. The weather patterns were also very accurate and my Dad,when I was a little boy, used to plan his hunts based on the phases and weather patterns.

I hope that this year's predictions are correct. Both for the hunt and the rains.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                I don't know how much faith you have in forecasts from the Farmers Almanac, but if true, I'll take it!

[ATTACH]922245[/ATTACH]
                Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                Is that the new or old version? I understand they both don't jive on this winter.
                The old shows warm and wet winter

Comment

I think they update their long range forecast once a month or so - the one I posted is from their website today.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                    Oh my. They must be following the Great Phil's forecast. "As I've been telling you for months, we are headed for a polar sub zero extended mega snowmageddon winter..."
                    So what do you base your prediction off of?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      I think they update their long range forecast once a month or so - the one I posted is from their website today.
                      There are two farmers almanac's, one is called the old farmers almanac and are predicting the warm winter. The farmers almanac predicts the cold winter.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                        So what do you base your prediction off of?
                        It isn't my prediction. There is a meteorological hobbyist who has the same bold prediction every year and never materializes and runs away instead of admitting he was wrong. I would say farmers is about as reliable as anything and due to cyclical weather patterns changing over years I would think this is a good representation of what is in store since we have been warmer and dryer in winter for a while

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                          There are two farmers almanac's, one is called the old farmers almanac and are predicting the warm winter. The farmers almanac predicts the cold winter.
                          I was not aware of that - I guess one of them will be right!

Comment

Only problem is that as hot as it’s been 55 would feel like stinging cold

Comment

Parts of Wyoming, Tetons in particular for several inches of snow earlier this week. Above 9000 feet or so, and not unheard of but still interesting. That teeth chattering cold has to verify above us. Bring it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m praying it’s correct!! We need a good winter!

Comment

Working...
                                X