Help from the Green Screen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help from the Green Screen!

My arm rest vinyl on my console has cracked bad. Short of buying a new console does anyone make a vinyl sticky type repair kit are what ever to cover it? Very annoying one my right elbow.
    Attached Files

Camo duct tape! You won't even know it's there.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
      Camo duct tape! You won't even know it's there.
      Good one!

Comment

Salvage yard?

Comment

A wooly fluffy winter time sock

Comfort over appearance all day IMO

Comment

I've laid a hand towel on mine for years. Saves the vinyl and your arm doesn't stick to it when sweaty. Duct tape, hand towel, and drive it.

Comment

Chevy Silverado?

I have the same exact arm rest (including color) with the exact same problem.....luckily, mine is a company vehicle and my new F150 should be here any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                Chevy Silverado?

I have the same exact arm rest (including color) with the exact same problem.....luckily, mine is a company vehicle and my new F150 should be here any day.
                Yes Chevy Duramax with just 55k miles so I have to drive it a few more years.

Comment

I just keep a package of microfiber towels handy. My console is all leather (no tray) so what I have considered is a piece of leather I could form and just drape over the console. That is what I do now with the towel.

I saw a Tandy location on I-20(?) when leaving Ft Worth last year but did not stop.

55,000 miles! That must be a good bracing point getting in and out the door. On second thought, maybe take it to a trim shop and furnish a piece of elephant or Cape buffalo hide for repairs
                  Last edited by 18ncs; 07-14-2018, 06:27 PM.

Comment

I'm sure you could buy the vinyl cover for like $30 on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Take it to an vehicle upholstery shop. There is a guy in Weir. Might be able to replace single section. Might just lay a towel for time being.

A local used car dealer might have a contact for someone closer.

Comment

Gorilla tape!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Gorilla tape!
                          This is what I would do.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

My buddy at Autofacelifts in south Houston could recover it for you properly. PM if interested. You could remove it and ship it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s exactly why i keep a towel draped over my console!

Comment

Working...
                              X