Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to deer.

Hi, everyone. Just going to say hi. Gonna be hunting out at Whitney and Aquilla this year. Was going to go Saturday, but figured I would take the boat next time. Completely new to hunting, but supplied up, and plan to get me a pig and a deer this year with my xbow. If I fall out of a tree.....please help me...Congrats to everyone who posted deer on opening day. If anyone wants to help me out or give pointers...I am all ears. If anyone wants a new be to hunt with some weekend, I would love to...

Comment

Originally posted by SlabHappy View Post
      Hi, everyone. Just going to say hi. Gonna be hunting out at Whitney and Aquilla this year. Was going to go Saturday, but figured I would take the boat next time. Completely new to hunting, but supplied up, and plan to get me a pig and a deer this year with my xbow. If I fall out of a tree.....please help me...Congrats to everyone who posted deer on opening day. If anyone wants to help me out or give pointers...I am all ears. If anyone wants a new be to hunt with some weekend, I would love to...
      your best bet is to find somewhere that doesn't get much traffic,google earth and last years survey results are your friend, scout it and find sign(tracks, dung, rubs, etc.). It's a bit early for scrapes but give it a couple weeks. nothing beats boots on the ground scouting. practice your shooting form. good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny B View Post
        Is there any good apps for Android to track your steps and show u where u been like a path thanks
        Kenny B. I think GPS Essentials for android will track your path. Sorry so late on the reply but was just readin through and figured id throw this out there if you havent found an app yet.
        Last edited by BowDude5000; 10-03-2016, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Also with the app you can upload your waypoints to google earth.

Comment

For iphone users MotionX-GPS I think is a good one. Not free but only $1.99.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
              He's going to track again in the morning I have people coming over in the morning to do some work and I need to be home or I'd be there to help.
              I am at work I could not help.or I would of I have not heard from him if he found it or not

Comment

Originally posted by BowDude5000 View Post
                Kenny B. I think GPS Essentials for android will track your path. Sorry so late on the reply but was just readin through and figured id throw this out there if you havent found an app yet.
                Ok kool thanks

Comment

For both of the gps apps, I think you can find a pdf user manual online. If not, PM me your email address and I can send via email.

Comment

Justin remember the buck found in the lake do you know who has it I found the shooter of it. Need to get info pm me so I can get this guy the right info on who to talk to

Comment

Was the one posted last year found up north

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny B View Post
                        I am at work I could not help.or I would of I have not heard from him if he found it or not
                        They didn't find it this morning considered a loss by now.

Comment

I don't know who has it. I posted it from a text I got.

Comment

Hey wanted to say it was good to meet you Storm!! Maybe we will meet up again!

Comment

Originally posted by webstertroy View Post
                              Hey wanted to say it was good to meet you Storm!! Maybe we will meet up again!
                              If you keep hunting there you'll see me .
                              how did you guys do Sunday afternoon.

Comment

Nada... I hunted area in b2 I guess You ran into Nate out there lol
                                Last edited by webstertroy; 10-04-2016, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X