No announcement yet.

Help me find a truck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half of you guys didn't even read the OP. He has 20k to spend out the door and y'all are sending him truck listed for 20k or more. Those prices don't include TTL and when I was shopping last fall no dealer in north Texas would move more than $1k on used trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
      Half of you guys didn't even read the OP. He has 20k to spend out the door and y'all are sending him truck listed for 20k or more. Those prices don't include TTL and when I was shopping last fall no dealer in north Texas would move more than $1k on used trucks.
      I sweet talked $7k off mine from a small mom and pop dealer last fall!

Give me $20k and I will go buy a truck listed $22k-$24k with TTL included. Markup on pre-owned right now is ridiculous. Timing of the month and cash is key.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
        Got a super clean ‘05 Powerstroke in the classifieds
        True.... I'm no fan of 6.NOs but will admit that's a nice ride. Some are good and yours looks to be one.

Comment

$20 out of your $401k

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
            That is why I suggested new. I got 8250.00 off in rebates, plus what they discounted the truck. I got close to $15K off MSRP. most used 2-3-year-old trucks were the same price as a new one.

I didn't see his post later about out the door $20K.

Comment

check out cars.com they seem to have more available and lower prices.

Comment

I don't mean to be disrespectful, and I'm not a financial expert by any means.

But why would you pull money out of your 401K for a vehical?

Especially right now with how well the market is doing, and interest rates so low?

BTW, I got a good deal on my vehichal using the CarPro. I didn't buy brand new and got a 2017 Ford Expedition at a great price.

See who the CarPro recommends as dealers in your area. See if they have anything you want. Going through the CarPro program they are supposed to give you the out the door price, no funny business, etc.

I've used it twice now and that has been my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                  I don't mean to be disrespectful, and I'm not a financial expert by any means.

But why would you pull money out of your 401K for a vehical?

Especially right now with how well the market is doing, and interest rates so low?

BTW, I got a good deal on my vehichal using the CarPro. I didn't buy brand new and got a 2017 Ford Expedition at a great price.

See who the CarPro recommends as dealers in your area. See if they have anything you want. Going through the CarPro program they are supposed to give you the out the door price, no funny business, etc.

I've used it twice now and that has been my experience.
                  Probably because if you finance, you have a monthly payment and not everyone can fit an extra monthly payment into their budget. Purely a guess though...

Comment

Randy, if your gonna trade the ol gal in, you could at least post pics of her!

Comment

Sold this 2 days ago. You would of rocked it...........

Not a truck................ I know..........
                      Attached Files

Comment

Found my 2008 dodge dakota jan 2017 with 59k miles and 4wd and fully loaded for $15500.

They are out there

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                          Probably because if you finance, you have a monthly payment and not everyone can fit an extra monthly payment into their budget. Purely a guess though...
                          I think he means draw on the 401k each month to make the payment and potentially earn more in the 401k than the auto loan rate. The problem is that interest rates on used cars are much higher than many realize.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                            Sold this 2 days ago. You would of rocked it...........

Not a truck................ I know..........

Dang Johnny! Wish I had a place to keep that! 383? Or SB?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              Dang Johnny! Wish I had a place to keep that! 383? Or SB?
                              1967 Belvedere 2 Coupe
                              Garage find {10 years it sat}
                              318 - auto - dealer installed air.
                              Covered inside and out with 200 pounds of trash

6 weeks and a few thousands dollars and it runs, stops, shifts. and the ac blows cool...

Pure luck. They wanted to give it to me and I handed them a fist full of hundreds with my fingers crossed.

This is a first and last I bet.

Buddy bought it from me so I never got to post it here.

Let me add it needs 5K of work to be dependable where you can drive it to car shows all over the state...............

Comment

Working...
                              X