How old did you start deer hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How old did you start deer hunting?

I'm 49 and really started deer hunting last year. I am a duck and hog serial killer with loads of meat on the table, but my 16 year old son asked to deer hunt so here I go.
    Hunted last year but between timber company and oil company keeping roads impassable this year is the first real hunting we have done.
    Our lease cut membership in half so we have lots of land at our disposal. We are seeing lots more bucks and deer in general. I got my first deer {spike) Sunday. Its been 33 years since I took a deer I hope to keep this going well into my retirement years.

Nine.

Comment

4. Been after it for 23 years now.

Comment

Comment

11, my dad was a big fisherman but never a hunter. I had the itch for it bad and a guy that worked for him had 100 acres in Coryell County and let me come out and hunt my first deer. I shot an 8 point and then a doe in the same sit. Since then I have been a deer hunting junky and it has all but consumed me since the season started. I am now 28.

Comment

I was about 8 when I started sitting with my stepdad, been addicted since, minus the teenage years when I discovered women and duck hunting.

Comment

Since I can remember I was walking woods with my dad. First deer I took I was 12 I think? Been doing it every year since with the exception of two years back in the 00 and 01 seasons which were when I first moved down here.

Comment

Comment

Killed my first deer in Beeville when I was 7.

Comment

Sat in the blind with my dad since I was 2 years old. Don't remember it but seen the pictures. Dad let me sit for the first time alone at age 8 with a 223 and shot my first doe then. Been hooked ever since so I guess 8 years old.

Comment

I think I was around 5 when I started hunting with my Dad. He didn't turn me loose by myself until I was 12.

Comment

Killed my first at 6. That was 43 years ago.

Comment

I did tons of rabbit and squirrel hunting at a young age but didn't start deer hunting until around 12 or so. My dad was a big bass fisherman but didn't deer hunt much. My Papa would take me on occasion. I didn't get a serious deer hunting addiction until around 25. That was 11 years ago.

Comment

Shot first deer at 9. Both my son's shot their first deer at 6.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X