Cactus Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cactus Pics

Hey, just got some new pics wanted to see what yall thought.
    Attached Files

I like the third pic........I like the idea of the first two pics, but there is too much shadowing to see them well.......

Comment

I really like the 3rd pic as well. Don't like second at all but that is because I think that is disrespectful to the flag. The flag only belongs on a flag pole, casket or in a display case.

Comment

Yea guess you think this is disrespectful to right?

Know I remember why I quit posting on this site last year. Guess the other 20 texans that bought that pic and have hung it in there offices and at home were O.K. with it.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspro View Post
          I really like the 3rd pic as well. Don't like second at all but that is because I think that is disrespectful to the flag. The flag only belongs on a flag pole, casket or in a display case.
          I don't understand this. The flag has not been destroyed. It is being displayed. Think of it as an improvised flag pole.

Comment

Looks a bit hokey to me imo

Comment

John Paul

We have had a lot of flag discussions on the board lately. I'm not making any apologies for my friend Jaspro, but I think there is a definite sensitivity about all things related to the flag.

As for the images, keep that light behind you. I like the whole cowboy hat theme.

Comment

Whoa JP, wasn't a bash on you personally. Just a comment on the reason he doesn't like your picture.

I don't like the underexposure on the top two, just as an example, Jas simple said he doesn't like the flag picture with reason. See how it isn't an attack?

Meter on your shadows and look for light to expose those midtones and your pictures will be exposed a lot more properly

Comment

I'm NO PHOTO EXPERT AND DON"T EVEN OWN A CAMERA but first 2 look a little dark. 3rd picture is better but maybe a little croping to get down to just the subject matter ??

Comment

The dark color of the cactus contrasts the sky pretty well.... I like it

Comment

Yeah, no disrespect to you intended on the flag. If you want to nit pick, the flag is also upside down. The white bar goes on top with the star pointing upward instead of downward. No biggie.

Exposure is the main issue. Bright midday sun and being backlit makes that an impossible exposure without fill flash.

Very cool concept and idea though.

Comment

Working...
                      X