Another Trump campaign promise kept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lostacresranch View Post
    Again, when he catches up with obama, I'll scream to scalp his topee. You can post estimates all day. I haven't seen anything saying it's costing over 3 million to got to home. That figure is based on what it costs obama to go to palm beach using 2 transport aircraft and his entire staff for fundraising for democrats. Until someone has actual figures, it's all made up numbers, and depending on which political view the article slants toward, it can be 1 to 5 million. Would I like to see him use his own money. **** right I would. Just like I wanted obama to pay for his wife and kids spending a week in Spain at the beachfront resort we rented for them.
    I guess an argument could be made that outside of travel spending Trump policies have already seemed to be benefitting the employment rate in a positive way, also the National debt in a positive way and immigration in a positive way. All of which (if accurate) are saving the tax payers in this country billions of dollars. So, even if Trump matches Obama in travel expense we have a net gain in monetary savings (thus far).

Comment

Another Trump campaign promise kept

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      I guess an argument could be made that outside of travel spending Trump policies have already seemed to be benefitting the employment rate in a positive way, also the National debt in a positive way and immigration in a positive way. All of which (if accurate) are saving the tax payers in this country billions of dollars. So, even if Trump matches Obama in travel expense we have a net gain in monetary savings (thus far).

Well, if we figure the actual total we save between trump and obama, we will consider trumps travel expenses as a bargain. He's already gotten Boeing to agree to lower the price of the new airforceone, and calling for a reduction of costs on the new fighter that is billions over budget, and if they knock a half billion off AF1, a few billion here and there, well, that's a good start.
      And that meeting about it happened on one of those trump weekends at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
        Y'all need y'all's sarcasm meters adjusted. I'll do it for $100/hour.
        [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Dang....had me scared for a minute

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
          Not picking on you in particular, but this attitude is getting our country in trouble. If our guy isn't hosing us as bad as the last guy (yet), we are ok with that. Why don't we as a people hold politicians accountable? They are there to do work for US. Yet we give them all of the power to have their way with us and our money. I want the president and his family to have a nice vacation now and then. But spending millions every few weeks on unnecessary personal travel is a bit much....and Obama's travel was a bit much, and Bush's travel was a bit much and so on. Let's start holding them ALL accountable. Not just 'our guy". This is a small issue in the big scheme. But we need to start holding these folks accountable!
          Bingo!!![emoji108] I am only about "betterment".....just sad how WE can justify anything if it feels good.[emoji36] Maximize the treasury......be about the people ........period!!!

Originally posted by Lostacresranch View Post
          Again, when he catches up with obama, I'll scream to scalp his topee. You can post estimates all day. I haven't seen anything saying it's costing over 3 million to got to home. That figure is based on what it costs obama to go to palm beach using 2 transport aircraft and his entire staff for fundraising for democrats. Until someone has actual figures, it's all made up numbers, and depending on which political view the article slants toward, it can be 1 to 5 million. Would I like to see him use his own money. **** right I would. Just like I wanted obama to pay for his wife and kids spending a week in Spain at the beachfront resort we rented for them.
          Uh.....okay![emoji15]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Y'all complaining about Trump's expenses/vacations really shows your colors. Obama spent millions on his vacations. I didn't ***** about it because that is what President's and their families do....ALWAYS been that way. Obama, Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Franklin, Lincoln and on and on and on. Get over it and find something legit to ***** about.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
              Y'all complaining about Trump's expenses/vacations really shows your colors. Obama spent millions on his vacations. I didn't ***** about it because that is what President's and their families do....ALWAYS been that way. Obama, Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Franklin, Lincoln and on and on and on. Get over it and find something legit to ***** about.

Not sure what colors those are - Red White & Blue? Pretty sure the gist of the conversation about excessive travel expenses was "they all do it but it doesn't make it RIGHT".

This attitude of being wasteful with OUR money carries over to other areas of government. WE need to hold ALL POLITICIANS accountable for their actions. Not just the "other side".

Who is this Franklin you refer to? Did ole Prez Ben get a little easy with the dollars? Is that how he got his mug on the hunerd?
              Last edited by LWC; 04-06-2017, 07:52 AM.

Comment

All I know is Trump must be doing something right. Xbow hasn't posted on the politics thread in days.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                  All I know is Trump must be doing something right. Xbow hasn't posted on the politics thread in days.
                  If he had, I wouldn't have seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                    He's busy trying to gather poll data.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                      Not sure what colors those are - Red White & Blue? Pretty sure the gist of the conversation about excessive travel expenses was "they all do it but it doesn't make it RIGHT".

This attitude of being wasteful with OUR money carries over to other areas of government. WE need to hold ALL POLITICIANS accountable for their actions. Not just the "other side".

Who is this Franklin you refer to? Did ole Prez Ben get a little easy with the dollars? Is that how he got his mug on the hunerd?
                      Lol! Accidentally snuck a first name in there.

Comment

Working...
                      X