New trend? Lights in your wheel wells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure I’m getting the purpose of this one. Anyone explain? How many of you are rollin with these, don’t be shy! Seeing them everywhere now!

I’m scared to light mine up, something else I’d have to keep clean. [emoji38]

Jeepers and such are putting them in there and calling them "rock lights" Apparently they are used for wheeling at night to ensure tire placement on an obstacle.

Comment

Gotta see the curbs in the mall parking lot

Comment

All the rock crawlers I know aren’t street legal. The other guys with fender lights have them so you can see the wheels and tires they financed at the local tire shop at night.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
          Gotta see the curbs in the mall parking lot

Could not have said it better!

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
            Jeepers and such are putting them in there and calling them "rock lights" Apparently they are used for wheeling at night to ensure tire placement on an obstacle.
            This

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
              All the rock crawlers I know aren’t street legal. The other guys with fender lights have them so you can see the wheels and tires they financed at the local tire shop at night.
              I have a rock crawler that is street legal. I may not go up a 9 or 10 rated climb but certainly sketchy. I can also promise I did not finance at night or at all.

Comment

I remember low rider cars having them along time ago they would paint the wheel well white to show off the rims . Now they are starting to bring them back on lifted trucks with billet wheels .

Comment

I see a lot of these running around College Station. I don't see the purpose or the desire but I also think that 10" exhaust tips are stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Codypatt1 View Post
                    Not sure I’m getting the purpose of this one. Anyone explain? How many of you are rollin with these, don’t be shy! Seeing them everywhere now!

I’m scared to light mine up, something else I’d have to keep clean. [emoji38]

I haven’t hit that gayness level yet on my vehicle buys or builds but I’ll let y’all know when and what it feels like when I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
                      I have a rock crawler that is street legal. I may not go up a 9 or 10 rated climb but certainly sketchy. I can also promise I did not finance at night or at all.

These guys are serious and drop lotsa coin on their rigs. They go to Clayton ok on a big ride every year but I’m usually at the lease that weekend. I am going to go one trip just to check it out. Sound like a good time with lots of shenanigans.

Comment

Always a new fad

Comment

They could only ride the 6.5 train so long!

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                            These guys are serious and drop lotsa coin on their rigs. They go to Clayton ok on a big ride every year but I’m usually at the lease that weekend. I am going to go one trip just to check it out. Sound like a good time with lots of shenanigans.
                            Totally. We hit hidden falls in Marble Falls

Comment

never a shortage of new trends and bewilderment at same

Comment

Working...
                              X