No announcement yet.

Show off your golf cart mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rear flip flop seat has been taken apart and rebuilt. There is no seat anymore and I welded it back together.

Comment

Gas powered EZ-GO. Fabricated the front lift myself, and did a real cheesy rear shackle lift…seriously need to redo the rear lift. Bought the cheapest 22” knobby atv tires I could put on it. Had it about 6 years now, drive over very rough rock here in the hills…drive it a lot. Probably put gas in it about every 2 months.

Anyone know what I need to do to redo the lift in the rear? Will the spring mounts rotate from under to over the axle?

Some nice cart on here….and OH SO MUCH CHEAPER THEN MULES AND RANGERS!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
        Here is mine.
        2000 ez go TXT
        48 volt conversion
        8hp high torque motor
        High speed gears
        400 amp controller
        HD F/R contatctor conversion
        2g cables
        8-6volt trojan 125's
        Winch
        12 volt inverter
        rd feeder
        2" reciever front/back
        removeable high rack rear seat
        multiple gun/bow racks
        23" tires
        I have been working on it and modifying since I got it in 2006. Only thing stock is the roof, frame and body.
        [ATTACH]395509[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]395510[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]395511[/ATTACH]
        Where do you buy that stuff?

Comment

I have bought it little by little over the years but u can get most of it on buggies unlimited or biggies gone wild.

Comment

Scotty B over at cartsunlimited.net is where I got all of mine. very helpfull guy.

Comment

My little huntin' cart

1995 Club Car DS
              10ply Euro tires (never had a flat and I will drive across cactus all day long)
              Added new style roof and supports (this roof is sturdier and the original)
              Folding Clear Windshield
              All Sports A-Arm 6" lift
              heavy duty rear leaf springs
              rear flip seat/bed
              rear receiver hitch with extender
              Front receiver hitch
              Grill guard
              Driving lights
              Winch plate with 2000lb winch (wired to front and rear so I can move it if necessary)
              over head console with radio and speakers
              under seat storage tray (holds tarp, air pump, plug kit, bug spray, fuses, gloves, etc)
              New Energizer HD 8 volt batteries
              Upgraded battery cables (4ga)
              48v LED vertical battery meter
              12 volt deep cycle battery for accessories
              Trailer plug near F/R switch to charge the 12 volt battery (installed quick connects so that I could still use my charger on normal batteries)

Also have a camo enclosure that slides over the roof to keep the rain/cold air off me on the way to the stand if necessary.

It has the stock motor and an upgraded controller (not sure on brand) that was on it when I bought it.

This cart has taken me up hills on my lease that require the truck to be in 4 wheel drive. It does so so in deep mud….if you don’t get a good start or stop in mud you will get stuck. I think it is the tires more than the power of the cart….maybe I will change to a different style next time around.

One of these days I will tear it all apart and paint it, but I have driven up within 25 yards on a doe eating at a feeder and she could have cared less.

Here are some pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20120925_113733.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	24120705

Name:	20120925_113858.jpg
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	24120706

Name:	20120925_113751.jpg
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	24120707

Name:	20120925_113815.jpg
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	24120708

Name:	20120925_113836.jpg
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	24120709

Name:	20120925_113848.jpg
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	24120710

Name:	20120925_120902.jpg
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	24120711

Name:	20120925_122319.jpg
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	24120712

Name:	20120925_113742.jpg
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	24120713
              Attached Files
              Last edited by markm; 09-25-2012, 11:50 AM. Reason: additional text

Comment

Some of these are clean! I have an old stock EZ Go that I want to fix up.

Comment

The day I got it home.... Tear down mode...

Frame get rid of rust, cure and paint....

New springs and shocks..

Body Work...

Before

After

All but finished, missing the two side pieces and the battery gauge... This was back in June 2011...

This has been done since June last year and the kids ride the fire outta it.. Which keeps em off my ranger

This is the road feeder that was on mine when I got it, never have used it but still have it just in case I decide to use it instead of the Ranger (They dont allow golf carts on our lease, doesnt make since but it is what it is). Runs on a 12v battery, the person that rigged it up originally had it hooked to a 12v feeder battery, had a switch on it and a solar panel hooked to it... Pretty simple and functional actually...

Last edited by TexaswBOWhunter; 09-25-2012, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Bump me please! Ready to start shopping around for a new ride! And needing ideas.I have a couple of strongbuilt tripods that I am unable to climb anymore. I'm thinking about using part of the cage and seat and somehow modifying them for a backshooting seat. Any body ever done this ?

Comment

What mods would need to be done so I could haul five or six bags of corn at a time and not have to worry about to big a loss in power and battery life?

I am also thinking about doing a highrack combo like KactusKiller but I am worried that the back end would be a little too heavy and the cart might tip backward. That would be bad deal if Momma and the kids were back there.

Thanks

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348607544.642461.jpg
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	24120818

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348607622.935753.jpg
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	24120820

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348607673.677682.jpg
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	24120821

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348607699.728213.jpg
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	24120822
                        Bow isn't secured well just threw it in for the picture.

Comment

I guess u could. When I sit in my rear seat it is perfect shooting height for a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by 4barchery View Post
                            What mods would need to be done so I could haul five or six bags of corn at a time and not have to worry about to big a loss in power and battery life?

I am also thinking about doing a highrack combo like KactusKiller but I am worried that the back end would be a little too heavy and the cart might tip backward. That would be bad deal if Momma and the kids were back there.

Thanks

I have had two men ride on the back seat over some pretty rough terrain with no problems. They got a little ski dish being up there but there was no real danger. On semi flat ground it is absolutely no problem. Golf carts are so heavy it's hard to flip them especially with passengers in the front seat for additional weight. It's a lot steadier than you would think.

Comment

Originally posted by 4barchery View Post

Thanks
                              Markm's cart gets to haul most all of the corn at our lease it also hauls around four grown men on occasion all over the lease. Mine needs new batteries but I don't have a problem hauling corn down to my stand and going back to camp. It often hauls 2 or 3 coolers at the lake to and from the boat and I'm 36v still with 7yr old batteries.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks sparkles and Kactus

Comment

Working...
                                X