sweetgum herbicide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweetgum herbicide

have an invasion of these on one end of the property. know im never going to get them all, but want cut/ hack+squirt sections that are blocking access and shooting lanes. does anybody have a herbicide that works on these? preferably readily available at feed store/TSC

thanks

Half and half water and gly for hack and squirt I think. I think that's what I saw on Dr. Woods video.

Okay, I did a little googling. Some recommended 2:1 gly to water. One guy had a novel approach. He took a cordless drill and drilled holes at a downward angle and filled it up with straight gly. Killed all the trees. All agreed the best time to do this was mid-summer to early fall.
    Last edited by Drycreek3189; 05-28-2018, 06:11 PM.

Comment

got the heads up on mid summer/fall, glad to hear someone else watches Dr. woods deal weekly too. ive read some about crossbow and imazapyr, will regular old glyphosate do the trick? ive done well with the compare n save glyphosate for brush and fencelines on my atv sprayer, wasnt sure on trees. know i need to get into that cambium layer regardless

Comment

Triclopyr 4 works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think I used Toradon or Toradal, something like that for hack and squirt on a bunch of stuff around the place

Worked good and was ready to go in a quart bottle with a pop up top (dish soap type). Killed everything I put it on

I have a big sweetgum in the side yard, wish I had cut it down 15 years ago.

Comment

Awesome, thanks guys

Comment

The cut vine and stump killer in a squirt bottle is just Remedy

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasTiger View Post
                have an invasion of these on one end of the property. know im never going to get them all, but want cut/ hack+squirt sections that are blocking access and shooting lanes. does anybody have a herbicide that works on these? preferably readily available at feed store/TSC

thanks
                Hey man! Don't kill those things! LOWEs has a sale on them, $50 apiece

Comment

glyphosate is a whole lot cheaper, if thatll work thats the ticket

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    Half and half water and gly for hack and squirt I think. I think that's what I saw on Dr. Woods video.

Okay, I did a little googling. Some recommended 2:1 gly to water. One guy had a novel approach. He took a cordless drill and drilled holes at a downward angle and filled it up with straight gly. Killed all the trees. All agreed the best time to do this was mid-summer to early fall.
                    this is a great idea, beats hacking at every single tree. anybody used the drill idea with success??

Comment

Working...
                    X