Fish Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fish Recipes

Looking for a few recipes for cooking fish, in particular stripers. I am not a big fan of fish but my wife likes fish. She doesn't like to fried fish all the time so any recipes would be appreciated.

For quick and easy I like to broil fillets. I use this recipe for specs and for smaller stripers.
    *Put filets on a foil covered cooking sheet
    *Melt some butter and mix in a dash of olive oil.
    *Brush both sides of each filet with the butter/oil
    *In a bowl combine sea salt, lemon pepper and Italian breadcrumbs.
    *Sprinkle this seasoning mixture on fillets
    *Preheat oven on broil
    *Put the cooking sheet on the top rack - just a few inches from the burner
    *Keep a close eye on the fish - it will only take about 5-6 minutes. When it starts browning around the edges it's done

Tip on Stripers - make sure you cut out any of the red flesh that runs down the length of the filet - it can be pretty strong and funky
    Last edited by jerp; 05-14-2010, 01:23 PM.

Comment

This is fried but its awesome.

I buy the Bass Pro Hot-N-Spicy fish batter. Its not hot nor spicy but has good flavor.
      Use very thin fillets of whatever fish youve got.
      Then fry in butter flavored Crisco.

My wife doesnt eat fish at all but will eat crappie this way.

Comment

Here is a quick and easy recipe that non-fish lovers will usually enjoy (fish lovers too):

- place fillets in casserole dish with lid
        - cover will a good spicy picante sauce or salsa
        - bake (covered) until fish is essentially done (but not over-done)
        - pull lid off and cover fillets with shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
        - place back in oven for few minutes until all cheese melts

Simply delicious!

Comment

Fish Tacos!!! Put filets in skillet with lime juice, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, etc. Cook until fish falls apart. Use white corn tortillas for tacos. Top with fresh cilantro, feta or monterrey jack cheese, and/or whatever else you like. I usually slice up some avacado and fresh tomato to eat with it(not on it, but complements nicely on the side). I also usually cook with a little beer mixed in also. We eat this about once a week at the house, healthy and tasty!

Comment

I played around with a lot of different fish coatings/marinades a few years ago and came up with this one. It's my families all time favorite.

I haven't cooked striper but use it on trout fillets from the coast.

Get a can of frozen margarita mix and let it thaw. I just use the HEB brand.
            Mix in a handful of diced fresh basil and a handful of diced fresh mint. (I grow them both for cooking)

Marinate the fish for about an hour and then grill.

It sound really strange but tastes amazing.

Comment

Blackened is always good, fish tacos are great, and another good one is fried but different. Try beer battered 1x3 strips and serve with homade red sauce, (ketchup, worchestershire,horse raddish,lemon juice)

Comment

I hear people talk about eating fish on the half shell? What are they talkin about.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                  I hear people talk about eating fish on the half shell? What are they talkin about.
                  Start filleting like you normaly would, but leave the skin on. Cook it skin side down.

Comment

This works great with a coarse scaled fish...I usually cook my redfish this way. I would thoink it would work well with stripers too. You can use any sauce of your choice...I really like my redfish on the halfshell topped with thick and chunky salsa...

Put the half shell fillets on the grill skin side down. The juices from the topping settle to the skin and steam the fish in the juices while getting a little smoke/grill flavor in them too.

When you can flake the meat with a fork I like to pull them off and then slide the meat off the skin with a big spatula and discard the charred skins before I serve them.

Comment

Brandon....This will work with striper too. Grill em over some good mesquite wood and try them. I personally dont care too much for striper, but I will eat them this way. Fishing Texoma all the time we catch alot of them without looking for 'em!

Comment

Working...
                      X