Windows help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows help!

So I’m the stands that I build I use deer view windows (amazing)! With that being said I’m building a stand for my cousin. He wants to use plexi glass that folds in. Does anybody on here have pictures or ideas of what the may have j. There stand? Thanks in advance!

Just put in the deer view s he can thank you later haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t use the folding windows any more just because our deer are pretty wary. I’ve had them bust me opening the folders a few times and I think they see a glare flash. But for vertical sliders I’ve been using 3/8” aluminum h-mold and 1/4” plexi. I wrap the ends of the glass that rides in the tracks with the soft part of Velcro. It keeps the windows quiet and they will hold wherever you put them. It’s been working great.
      The DeerView are nice but I just don’t care for the 11.5” tall opening that they offer. I like my openings about 7” tall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When you say "folds in" you mean hinge open or swing open? Like this

Click image for larger version

Name:	WINDOW.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	24551158

Click image for larger version

Name:	WINDOW2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	24551159

Comment

Sorry for sideways pics

Comment

Fold in or fold out, doesn’t matter. I just didn’t have any ideas and was looking for some. Thank y’all for the help so far. These are great ideas.

Comment

I don’t have pictures but on all our blinds we have square tubing for the frame and glass caulked into the frame then just smaller normal door hinges on the bottom so that they fold in and down and don’t have to worry about them falling or making any noise.

Comment

Use Lexan instead of Plexiglass. Lexan will stay clear and take the sun better.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                  Use Lexan instead of Plexiglass. Lexan will stay clear and take the sun better.
                  And wont crack when you put hinges on.

Comment

We cut a frame out of plywood and routed out half the thickness of the glass along the inside. Then silicone the glass in. That gave us plywood to hinge to.

Comment

Working...
                    X