Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much would you spend to save a pet’s life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
    I spent 7K on my last lab. They are part of the family.

this right here............ !!!!

Comment

I would never spend 4 figures on a dog. My wife would probably put us in the poor house to save one.

I just don’t get that attached.

It’s a dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Some of the responses on here make me wish I would have studied harder and went to vet school....a guy could make a pretty good living taking care of TBHer dogs

Comment

$0 here. In my 38th year of raising my 5 kids, who have now given me 9 grandkids, I see pets as a total nuisance. I know the value of a life after taking care of my mother, father and younger brother and watching each one of them pass away before me. As far as I’m concerned people have completely misplaced the value of an animals life putting them up close to or equal with humans. I’m not going to speculate why some people do this but I do consider it misplaced.

Every neighbor around me now have dogs that are constantly barking. I now have to sleep with a noise maker to try to drown out all the barking at night. I can’t walk out any side of my house without the incessant and constant barking of someone else’s dog.

I would actually spend my good money to end the life of some peoples pets. I don’t own any.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had dogs that I'd spend maybe $1000 on and 1 or 2 that I'd spend whatever it takes on them. Current dog (mini Aussie) is priceless, would spend anything to keep him going, would take another job to afford it. I feel bad for you folks who have never felt that close to an animal before. A good one is hard to come by, and certainly not a dime a dozen.

Comment

Depends what your bank account looks like.

Comment

How much would you spend to save a pet’s life?

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                Y'all guys are big spenders, we have enough strays come by that a new one would cost me $0. Never unberstood the "dogs are people too" mentality. I take care of my dog, feed it well and throw a stick for it once or twice a year but I'm not going to mortgage the farm for one.

Hoggslayer

I’m not sure what I would do if all I had was a biscuit eater that I didn’t do anything with but throw a stick for occasionally either. I guess it just depends.

But my past labs have had a lot of time and money invested in them for duck and dove hunting training. When you get a good one it’s more than just putting a 22 to the head and waiting for the next biscuit-eater to show so you do what you can to save them within reason.

I’m not trying to sway your thinking, I’m just explaining why I personally would put a good amount of money into one medically. That being said Abby, I mentioned earlier, was retired from all that and she went from super to “oh ****” overnight. It caught us by surprise so we took a chance hoping to get a few more years out of her considering all we had been through hunting wise in her previous 11 years. And also we have no kids to spend it on.[emoji41]

Not much better in the hunting world than a good working retriever.
                Last edited by Smart; 01-24-2018, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
                  $0 here. In my 38th year of raising my 5 kids, who have now given me 9 grandkids, I see pets as a total nuisance. I know the value of a life after taking care of my mother, father and younger brother and watching each one of them pass away before me. As far as I’m concerned people have completely misplaced the value of an animals life putting them up close to or equal with humans. I’m not going to speculate why some people do this but I do consider it misplaced.

Every neighbor around me now have dogs that are constantly barking. I now have to sleep with a noise maker to try to drown out all the barking at night. I can’t walk out any side of my house without the incessant and constant barking of someone else’s dog.

I would actually spend my good money to end the life of some peoples pets. I don’t own any.

Sounds miserable.

Comment

I made a post a few years back about our Boston killing a coon after a rough fight. She wound up paralyzed, lost an eye, her chest and stomach were tore up...we ended up over $7500 in the hole over that and the ensuing issues. Put her to rest once the cancer took over her. I cried like a baby as I held her at the vet, all the way home, as I dug her grave, and as I buried her. I may never do that again, but she was my companion in the first few years after I overcame my past, and kept me company on some bad nights, and was worth every penny that we spent on her

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post

Man I hate to hear that you've gone through that. You've certainly had a rough go of things with your family. Ironically - as crazy as it sounds, I think you could actually use a really good dog in your life. You'd be amazed at how much happiness they can bring you if you'll let them in. Just my two cents. Prayers up for you for all your suffering with the loss of your family members.

Comment

Vets are expensive!!!! My line is $200...anything less than normal, they need to recover on their own, but I am fully capable of administering antibiotics and stitches bought from tractor supply or gebos.

Comment

Originally posted by tkuehn5410 View Post
                          Vets are expensive!!!! My line is $200...anything less than normal, they need to recover on their own, but I am fully capable of administering antibiotics and stitches bought from tractor supply or gebos.

I spend thousands on my dogs every year so $200 is nothing.

$62 for a 30 pound bag of dog food 3 per month
                          $ Baths and nail trims
                          $ pet sitting when we are out of town
                          $ doggy day care
                          $ joint treatment chews and treats
                          $ blood work and teeth cleaning
                          $ pet insurance
                          I could go on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                            I spend thousands on my dogs every year so $200 is nothing.

$62 for a 30 pound bag of dog food 3 per month
                            $ Baths and nail trims
                            $ pet sitting when we are out of town
                            $ doggy day care
                            $ joint treatment chews and treats
                            $ blood work and teeth cleaning
                            $ pet insurance
                            I could go on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Looks like you treat your dogs like family! That's great! I bet they love every bit of it! That doesn't mean you love your dog more than me! I just have a more literal sense of the word 'pet.' I also will admit I will never take a dog to the vet to have it anesthetized.

Comment

If it's an animal made me money, I would spend money to get it fixed, if the costs were feasible. A pet that just lays around the house and does nuthin but eat and poop, $0. I've had good dogs, but ain't none of them worth several hundred or even thousands of dollars.

Comment

Always get a good laugh from you spend $0 crowd

Comment

Working...
                                X