Great Message About Shootings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Message About Shootings

This is a long video (7+ minutes) of the governor's reply to a troll. I do not disagree with a single thing he says.

Governor of Kentucky -- http://www.kentuckynewera.com/multim...c34d514e4.html

I agree 100%. Dude nailed it!

Comment

He is spot on. And the MSM will NEVER accept the fact that they are part of the problem along with all the left leaning folks who think that a bigger government and more laws and regulations will correct the downward spiral this country is in. God help us.

Comment

That was absolutely awesome!!! We need more folks that think like him running our govt!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

He couldn’t be more right. America’s black eye that nobody wants to talk about is the rampant use of, and addiction to, ****ography. IMO it is the single biggest internal threat to not only the church, but the nation as a whole. It’s taboo and therefore nobody wants to speak about it, but there is a systemic problem. Even it’s use among young women is on the rise at astronomical levels. We have a cultural problem indeed. I would be proud to call this gentleman my governor.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
            He couldn’t be more right. America’s black eye that nobody wants to talk about is the rampant use of, and addiction to, ****ography. IMO it is the single biggest internal threat to not only the church, but the nation as a whole. It’s taboo and therefore nobody wants to speak about it, but there is a systemic problem. Even it’s use among young women is on the rise at astronomical levels. We have a cultural problem indeed. I would be proud to call this gentleman my governor.

Yep. Been there. It is a much worse problem than what most people think. I was addicted for many years. Studies say people’s brains who are addicted to it are remarkably similar on brain scans to those who are addicted to heroin. The Lord helped to turn me around.

Comment

Solid and truth!!

Comment

Wow he is my new spokesman

Comment

There was a thread on here a while back addressing this exact issue, that of a cultural shift or change, that's made it much more plausible to simply walk into a place with a weapon and indiscriminately kill and maim humans. If I recall correctly the person posting such was ridiculed and demeaned. Something has shifted. As a kid in high school I had a shot gun in the gun rack every day of dove season as we'd usually hunt out at the property before heading home. I never once considered taking it into the school and killing someone. Same with the skinning knives and rifle I had in the truck during deer season. Heck most of our teachers did the same.

Something has changed. I freely admit that I'm not a follower of the teachings of the Bible anymore but a lot of this started happening when God was taken out of our schools. He and His teachings are/were that moral responsibility that, now missing, held our children to a higher standard for conduct and actions. Those same teachings were conducted at home during the evening meal and before bed. Now days we simply put down our phones or tablets and hit the table for food or head to bed. Not much in the way of interaction between parents and children.

As I write this my own daughter is wrapped up in her electronics. I feel that for her to grow as a person I need to curb that use and get her back out doors more often and have more interaction with me and her mother.

This mans response has truly made me take a long hard look at what I'm doing to better my daughter. As a family we stopped going to church years ago as I got sick and tired of the hypocrisy and the lack of answers from our elders when I'd ask simple questions about scripture. We have a small book from my grandfather titled "Prayers Before Meals". It gives us a prayer a day for the entire year and for a while we'd read one and then discuss it over our meal. My daughter really enjoyed those readings. I think it's time to bring them back. Regardless of how I feel about the scripture or that little book my child learns from both.

I've got some thinking to do.....

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                    I think it's time to bring them back.
                    Do it.

Comment

Wow. I hope he runs for president someday

Comment

Tagged for later

Comment

Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                            There was a thread on here a while back addressing this exact issue, that of a cultural shift or change, that's made it much more plausible to simply walk into a place with a weapon and indiscriminately kill and maim humans. If I recall correctly the person posting such was ridiculed and demeaned. Something has shifted. As a kid in high school I had a shot gun in the gun rack every day of dove season as we'd usually hunt out at the property before heading home. I never once considered taking it into the school and killing someone. Same with the skinning knives and rifle I had in the truck during deer season. Heck most of our teachers did the same.

Something has changed. I freely admit that I'm not a follower of the teachings of the Bible anymore but a lot of this started happening when God was taken out of our schools. He and His teachings are/were that moral responsibility that, now missing, held our children to a higher standard for conduct and actions. Those same teachings were conducted at home during the evening meal and before bed. Now days we simply put down our phones or tablets and hit the table for food or head to bed. Not much in the way of interaction between parents and children.

As I write this my own daughter is wrapped up in her electronics. I feel that for her to grow as a person I need to curb that use and get her back out doors more often and have more interaction with me and her mother.

This mans response has truly made me take a long hard look at what I'm doing to better my daughter. As a family we stopped going to church years ago as I got sick and tired of the hypocrisy and the lack of answers from our elders when I'd ask simple questions about scripture. We have a small book from my grandfather titled "Prayers Before Meals". It gives us a prayer a day for the entire year and for a while we'd read one and then discuss it over our meal. My daughter really enjoyed those readings. I think it's time to bring them back. Regardless of how I feel about the scripture or that little book my child learns from both.

I've got some thinking to do.....

Richard.

Richard,

As a Christian I can recognize that the fault of pushing people away from the church falls square on our shoulders. The hypocrisy and arrogant attitudes toward others have pushed people away from the church for a long time. This behavior amongst believers is disgusting. After all, when asked why He sat with the tax collectors, Jesus responded “a well man does not need a physician”. We are all sinners and all in need of the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ. The best news is that these pillars of faith are free. Free to any and everyone who wants to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. The TRUE purpose of the church is to go and make disciples of the world. This is NOT accomplished through hypocrisy and arrrogant attitudes towards those with whom we hope to share. I hate that you were pushed away by Christians not being Christ like.
                            I admittedly do not have all the answers. There are questions I have too, but I recognize that my mind and wisdom are finite and incapable of understanding what God sees as the big picture. That said, I would love to answer any questions you may have, that’s if I have those answers. God bless and I hope you find your way back to the faith.

Justin

Comment

Amen. Great video. I will be sharing this one.

We can only regulate so much. Raise your kids right in whatever means you can. Pray for our future and their future.

Comment

Working...
                              X