Trampolines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trampolines

Looking for recommendations on safe trampolines.

My daughter is wanting Santa to bring her one for Christmas and I figured I need to make sure he is getting her a safe one.

What do you guys think? Any feedback is appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Safe & $$$$ are strongly correlated.

A Springless will run you close to $2k

Comment

The safest one's have the net around them and padded rails.

After losing three over my fence, and down into the pasture, in about a 6 years span. We gave up. lol. I tried all the tie down (I recommend doing this if you get one), but they still blew away.

If I had it to do all over again, would have dug a pit and buried the first one I had flush with the ground.

Comment

The kids got this one for Christmas last year and so far we have not had any injuries. Stake it down really well because the wind will turn it into a sail if you don’t.

Comment

You can get one at Walmart and Academy with a net around it for $150

Comment

The girl having a sleep over with my granddaughter has a broken arm from a "safe" trampoline.

Comment

Wish I’d never gotten one... great to have all my son’s neighborhood friends over, but someone ends up crying EVERYTIME they jump.

Comment

Double bounced my 5 year old straight into a cast from hip down! ER Dr's swear by them! Hey, but we still have one and the kids love them! Net is a must, unless youve got a couple pairs of boxing gloves and some head gear (lots of fun times had with this scenario mentioned!)

Comment

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
                  Looking for recommendations on safe trampolines.

My daughter is wanting Santa to bring her one for Christmas and I figured I need to make sure he is getting her a safe one.

What do you guys think? Any feedback is appreciated.

Ok--here you go. This is a snippet of an article I sent to a friend who asked me a similar question. . .

It is strongly advised that you speak with your insurance agent to find out if your insurance company allows ownership of one or not. If trampolines are acceptable to the company you will want to pay attention to any specific requirements the company may have, like a netting or padding.

If you are adamant in getting a trampoline, this may mean you will have to switch insurance companies, which may or may not be an issue. If you have had a claim in the past or perhaps own an older home that could use some TLC, you could wind up opening Pandora's Box with the trampoline being the least of your issues. Maybe your new insurance company is fine with you owning the trampoline, but has a problem with the age of your roof and now you have to replace it sooner than you wanted. A new company means new underwriting, and most likely a new inspection. Before changing insurance companies for the sake of a trampoline, I would be sure your home is in good shape and could pass inspection without an issue.

If you have a company that does not allow a trampoline, but you get one anyway; a cancellation or non-renewal notice will most likely be issued if the insurance company finds out. This can easily happen if the company does a drive-by inspection or the agent is notified. This would require you to find a new insurance company unless you permanently remove the trampoline from your home.

You may take the position that you simply won't tell your existing company about your new trampoline; however, this too is not recommended because the insurance company could have a trampoline exclusion on the policy, which means it would not pay for any suit involving the trampoline.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                    Wish I’d never gotten one... great to have all my son’s neighborhood friends over, but someone ends up crying EVERYTIME they jump.
                    This right here.

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                        Ok--here you go. This is a snippet of an article I sent to a friend who asked me a similar question. . .

It is strongly advised that you speak with your insurance agent to find out if your insurance company allows ownership of one or not. If trampolines are acceptable to the company you will want to pay attention to any specific requirements the company may have, like a netting or padding.

If you are adamant in getting a trampoline, this may mean you will have to switch insurance companies, which may or may not be an issue. If you have had a claim in the past or perhaps own an older home that could use some TLC, you could wind up opening Pandora's Box with the trampoline being the least of your issues. Maybe your new insurance company is fine with you owning the trampoline, but has a problem with the age of your roof and now you have to replace it sooner than you wanted. A new company means new underwriting, and most likely a new inspection. Before changing insurance companies for the sake of a trampoline, I would be sure your home is in good shape and could pass inspection without an issue.

If you have a company that does not allow a trampoline, but you get one anyway; a cancellation or non-renewal notice will most likely be issued if the insurance company finds out. This can easily happen if the company does a drive-by inspection or the agent is notified. This would require you to find a new insurance company unless you permanently remove the trampoline from your home.

You may take the position that you simply won't tell your existing company about your new trampoline; however, this too is not recommended because the insurance company could have a trampoline exclusion on the policy, which means it would not pay for any suit involving the trampoline.
                        If someone is POS enough to sue because their kid hurt themselves on a trampoline being kids, they ain’t going to be at my house anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
                          This right here.
                          One of them is crying right now

Comment

It's not a matter of if but when an injury will occur on a trampoline . My daughter shattered the head of radial bone where it meets the elbow and had to have it replaced with an artificial one. TRAMPOLINES SUCK!

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                              If someone is POS enough to sue because their kid hurt themselves on a trampoline being kids, they ain’t going to be at my house anyway.
                              Man, it happens all the time. If a kid has catastrophic injury and bills are piling up a lot of people will sue. Everyone upstream and down gets sued. If there (edited from dang voice text) is a product liability suit the homeowner will get sued as well. Trying to inform the guy what can happen if he doesn't check with his insurance carrier and something does happen.
                              Last edited by RR 314; 12-17-2017, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X