California Police Department Comes up with close your eyes and Count to 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BERKLEE BAY, Calif. — Early Friday morning, Officer Jay Softley was faced with an approaching subject holding a 12-inch knife and screaming manically that the voices in his head were telling him to kill someone. Instead of drawing his firearm and stopping the deadly threat as would be reasonable under the standard established in Graham v. Connor, Softley remembered the new training he had received only one week before and did something completely different: He closed his eyes and counted to ten.

Confused, the despondent and deranged subject turned and walked away, according to surveillance video taken from a nearby convenience store. Three hours later and two miles away, the subject attempted a home invasion robbery and was shot and killed by the homeowner.

Link to story

https://www.policeone.com/patrol-iss...eekend&cub_id=[cub_id]#comments_block

What!

Comment

That story is old. 2 years to the day to be exact.

Comment

Oh I see.

Comment

Comment

This is starting early...and on Easter!

Comment

Nothing that happens in California surprises me anymore. That state is a complete embarrassment to this country. If you close your eyes and count to ten when you have a knife wielding maniac in front of you you're just as loony as they are. That's just stupid.

Comment

April fools people lol

Comment

So what if the maniac had killed everyone in that house he tried to rob? As far as I’m concerned the cop acted like a coward and passed the problem on to someone else.

Ah heck! I fell for it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
                    So what if the maniac had killed everyone in that house he tried to rob? As far as I’m concerned the cop acted like a coward and passed the problem on to someone else.

Ah heck! I fell for it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    The logical pranks are the easiest to fall for.

Comment

Working...
                    X