After 10 years!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 10 years!!!

I shot my first 3d tourny in 10 years. Did not do so good. 180 out of 420. Lot of 5 and only a few goose eggs (4). Cowtown has a nice shoot. If you have not been before you should give them a go. My son (he is 12) shot his first ever tourny today and came in 7 points behind me with 173. Got 2nd place in the eagle devision.

did you barrow my soap? are you the ones behind me,my wife and my co-worker? did you shoot the g.t.trad shafts with blazers?

Comment

That was me. Thanks for the soap, makes it a lot easier to pull those arrows out.

Comment

Sounds great Wes.

Comment

first shoot

Hey, you have to consider 300 as even. Anything over that is shooting UP. It is not healthy to think that you should be able to hit all the 14's in a round. 300 is a great score anywhere you go. 12's & 14's are like bonus points but the goal is to hit all the 10's. Just starting out set realistic goals like hitting all the targets or no 5's. Then as your shooting and most importantly your distance judging become better then set your sights a little higher. I think the biggest step for most archers is showing up and shooting their first shoot. Not knowing what to expect seems to be the biggest concern with most new to 3D archery. The people at the shoots are generally very helpful if you just ask. Thanks for coming and I hope you are hooked like the rest of us out there. Many friends can be made on the archery range and helpful advise and instuction is available , all you have to do is ask.

Comment

Todd pretty well summed it up right there.

Comment

todd , for someome with a hair-do like yours you are suprizingly eloquent !!!

Comment

Working...
              X