1st kill in new, to me, pasture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st kill in new, to me, pasture

Here is the story of my friends first kill with his AR in a pasture I recently received permission to hunt.

Tuesday evening I set out a camera watching a suspected b trail coming through the fence on the property line.

Thursday night we decided to go check the camera. It's about 7:45 when we get to the camera.

I pull the card and most of the pics where whited out from the flash so I was trying to move the camera.
    I see my buddy walk to the North along the fence. It marks the eastern property line. I figured he was just checking things out.
    He used to run this area as a kid. Some 40 odd years ago.

After I had finished up with the camera I started heading North along the property line.
    I hit the treeline on the North side of the pasture.
    I figured he was down in the clearing insider the trees. Last time there we saw a wee baby Fawn. I am just about to the old road that leads fun into the clearing when I hear Bang,......... Bang.
    It was like 8:15 pm
    I was like oh yeah!!!
    I holler at him that I'm coming down the road.
    When I get into the clearing I can see him standing at the edge of the clearing looking to the east.

He tells me when he got into the clearing he saw one. It spooked and ran off.

He decided to wait there at the edge of the clearing and the road for a few minutes. When a bunch more came in. He said they didn't even know he was there.
    He picked this one out because it was the closest to him.

I asked him where it was standing when he shot it. As I wanted to start tracking it before it got too dark. I'd done forgot my tracking flashlight at home

We start to walk over to where it was standing, when we hear a pig squeal.
    I was like that's the one let's go.

I was walking along the southern edge of the clearing to the eastern edge of the clearing. When the pig squeals again.
    We get our bearings and head off at a brisk walk. We continue walking till we get to the NE corner of the clearing.
    I walk into the trees about where I think I'll be on course to the squeal. As I ever the trees I see an old fence and a crick.

I ask him to cross the creek from the clearing side, as I think it's on the far side further back to the NE of where we are.
    He's like huh. I walk over to where he's standing so we can formulate a game plan, when out out the trees come the land owners 2 dogs running right towards us, they're friendly.
    At first we both thought that we was being charged by an angry pig. Boy was we ever was glad it was just the dogs. All I had with and on me was my pistol.

He starts to cross the crick, there's less than one inch of water in it at it's deepest.
    I was going into the trees, in the same spot as the first time. I get to the fence and as I am scanning the trees looking for it. I see the pig laying in the crick.

I holler at my buddy that I found him and he ain't quite dead yet.
    He comes up to shoot him again. About that time the Land owners dogs find the pig and are circling it, checking it out.
    I call them, but they don't listen. I cross the fence and nudge the pig. It jerks.
    I can't shoot it with my pistol cause I'm worried about hitting the dogs.

It's stops squirming and we drag it up into the clearing.
    We get a few photos and start to head to the truck. He's got school work he needs to finish up.

Thanks for joining us on this journey!
    We hope to share many more adventures
    Last edited by Pushbutton2; 05-11-2018, 11:41 AM.

Skinny

Comment

Kind of a blank expression on his face after a first kill.....

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post

Skinny
        well said x2

Comment

_''''''''''''''_
          '''\_(")_/

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post

Skinny
            My thoughts exactly

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
              Kind of a blank expression on his face after a first kill.....
              I blacked it out.

I'm wanting to get into taking kids hunting and such as that.

Last night after the hunt we were talking about posting pictures and videos of the hunts.
              He that the right way to do it is to have signed permission from everyone in the video or picture.
              Especially the kids HIPPA law.

So I chose to cover his face.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                Last night after the hunt we were talking about posting pictures and videos of the hunts.
                He that the right way to do it is to have signed permission from everyone in the video or picture.
                Especially the kids HIPPA law.

So I chose to cover his face.

Do what? If that's the case, man, I would be sentenced to life in prison for all the pics I've posted of kids and friends hunting with me and on our deer and dove leases...

Don't overthink it.
                Last edited by Smart; 05-11-2018, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Do what? If that's the case, man, I would be sentenced to life in prison for all the pics I've posted of kids and friends hunting with me and on our deer and dove leases...

Don't overthink it.
                  I'm not trying to overthink it.

I just want to love God and His People and His Creation.

It's the Ministry He is leading me too.

I want more than anything to do this right. I want their experience to be fun and honest.
                  But mostly pleasing to Jesus, My Lord & Savior

Comment

I'm not trying to overthink it.

I just want to love God and His People and His Creation.

It's the Ministry He is leading me too.

I want more than anything to do this right. I want their experience to be fun and honest.
                    But mostly pleasing to Jesus, My Lord & Savior

You may not be trying but you are.

Comment

If you have to black out the face why even post the pic? Just post a pic of the dead animal without the person and take all these”risks” away.

Comment

Two words come to mind

Monkey Selfie

Comment

Two words come to mind

Monkey Selfie
                          What is a Monkey Selfie?

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                              What is a Monkey Selfie?
                              https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monk...yright_dispute

Comment

Working...
                              X