Old school campaigning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old school campaigning

I have lived in Nacogdoches county for about 35 years, and last night was the first time any candidate for any election has ever stopped at my house to "press the flesh". A young man that is running for our precinct's JP stopped to introduce himself, talk about what he stands for, and ask for my support. Those are the kinds of folks that can get my vote...as long as they are conservative Republicans...

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
    I have lived in Nacogdoches county for about 35 years, and last night was the first time any candidate for any election has ever stopped at my house to "press the flesh". A young man that is running for our precinct's JP stopped to introduce himself, talk about what he stands for, and ask for my support. Those are the kinds of folks that can get my vote...as long as they are conservative Republicans...
    I did this when I ran. Kind of weird at first, but after the first few houses it was easy and most folks were happy to talk with me.

Comment

Been fighting my mind on this and my campaign. I want to stop and meet people but every other house has a grumpy old man taking a nap. Danged if you do danged if you don't.

Comment

Chris Cagle?

Comment

No, but I have seen his signs around town. It was a young man named Shaun Ireland. Says he is an eighth generation Nacogdoches county native. His flyer says he is a defender of the 1st and 2nd amendment, a 2016 RNC national delegate, and an eagle scout.

Comment

Working...
          X