Anyone cook with a instapot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TxKronik View Post
    How come nobody just uses a regular pressure cooker that's all it is an electric pressure cooker

kronik by Diamond
    I use a regular pressure cooker to can deer meat and I also own an Instant Pot for making meals. Biggest reason is you have to actively monitor a traditional pressure cooker to make sure 1.) it gets to the correct pressure and 2.) the pressure doesn't run away from you. The electric versions take all the guess work out and you can just set it and walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
      Chuck roast, whole baby red taters, and carrots done in the pressure cooker tonight. Y’all are missin out. Lol
      You got a recipe for that!!

Comment

I knew I shouldn't have opened this up.......

Comment

Anyone cook with a instapot?

Originally posted by ryno77 View Post
          You got a recipe for that!!

Haha
          I just seasoned the roast with salt, pepper, and a package of Lipton beefy onion soup mix. Put it in the pot and add one of those cartons of beef broth and add a little water until the level is about 1 1/2” below the fill line. I cooked the roast for 30 mins. Then added whole baby red taters and cooked additional 15 mins. Then added sliced carrots and cooked additional 15 mins. Then chow down. 1 hour total cook time.

Comment

Ok I am sold ..Where is the best place to buy one and how much are they?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Pence View Post

Mine isn’t the instapot brand, but it’s an 8 qt compared to a 6. Walmart carries them for around $100, but ordering on line, you can save $20-$25.
              This is the one I got.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
                Mine isn’t the instapot brand, but it’s an 8 qt compared to a 6. Walmart carries them for around $100, but ordering on line, you can save $20-$25.
                This is the one I got.
                Awesome I will get my wife to order on..Thanks for the heads up

Comment

I've had mine over a year and use it all the time. Best thing I ever bought for the kitchen. I made a pork roast stuffed with garlic this weekend in mine. Low carb, so threw in a bunch of low carb veggies. I love you can brown the meat in the pot before cooking.

May sound crazy, but I started boiling my eggs in mine. Bought a egg rack off Amazon. Put a dozen eggs in, one cup of water, set manual for five minutes, then put eggs in a cold bath. Best boiled eggs I have ever had and easy to peel. Will never go back to using a pot of water.

Comment

yes love it

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Pence View Post
                      I bought mine on Amazon for like $60 dollars. It was on Black Friday over a year a go. They have went up. I would look around, there are a lot of other brands now. You should be able to find a deal somewhere.

Comment

I made a lasagna that my wife claimed was better than Olive Garden.

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddct View Post
                          I've had mine over a year and use it all the time. Best thing I ever bought for the kitchen. I made a pork roast stuffed with garlic this weekend in mine. Low carb, so threw in a bunch of low carb veggies. I love you can brown the meat in the pot before cooking.

May sound crazy, but I started boiling my eggs in mine. Bought a egg rack off Amazon. Put a dozen eggs in, one cup of water, set manual for five minutes, then put eggs in a cold bath. Best boiled eggs I have ever had and easy to peel. Will never go back to using a pot of water.
                          Interesting... gonna have to try that.

Comment

Bought my wife one for Valentines Day (along with Jewlery) and she used it for the first time tonight. She is horrible about taking forever to cook dinner and using way too many pots. Was hoping to solve both those issues with the Instant Pot and it failed. 1.5 hours later we had dinner, it was tasted good though.

Comment

Originally posted by BW412 View Post
                              I made a lasagna that my wife claimed was better than Olive Garden.

Got a recipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got one for Valentines day. We have made carnitas, just ok, shrimp scampi, awesome, and linguini with white clam sauce. The linguini is down right amazing! I love that I can saute or brown meat in the pot then set it pressure cook and only have one pot to clean.

Comment

Working...
                                X