No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was fishing the south side of the island at aquilla today and heard that familiar thwack
    then saw the deer come busting out of the brush and leap in the water and swim about 600 yards to the west shore. i was rootin for him to make the shore so the hunter could retrieve.

shot high in the middle of the back

it's laying in near the shore dead

never saw the hunter come look for it.

Comment

Hey beararcher

You still hunting the same spot as last year? I just don't want to walk through your area like I did last year. Beararcher 84.
      Last edited by INFMOUS6; 09-30-2017, 08:29 PM. Reason: Needed to add a number

Comment

The river looked crowded, spoke to 1 guy that shot a doe, and 2 others that shot hogs at Kimball bend ramp. I was in the Ranger bass boat if any of y'all seen me. I had 1 bust me, ill try again tmrw

Comment

Good luck this year!!!!

Comment

Sorry to hear about your dog. We hunt b6 and will keep an eye out!

Comment

Who's gonna be out for an evening hunt tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by cpadgett View Post
                was fishing the south side of the island at aquilla today and heard that familiar thwack
                then saw the deer come busting out of the brush and leap in the water and swim about 600 yards to the west shore. i was rootin for him to make the shore so the hunter could retrieve.

shot high in the middle of the back

it's laying in near the shore dead

never saw the hunter come look for it.

Really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope to hear good news from tomorrow mornings hunt!

Comment

Sat in a tree all day today. Came close to pulling the release on a doe, but she was spooked by something already when she got in my view. Watched her blow and then run about 30 yards then come back. As soon as I was ready to pull back she trotted off again. Gonna see how many all day sits my spine will let me pull. Night y’all, good luck tomorrow. Did see 9 total today.

Comment

Good to hear some activity going on down there yea Texas grown I was trying to be quiet hahahaha

Comment

Good luck to everyone this morning be safe out there.

Comment

Good luck everyone! Can't wait to be out there this evening.

Comment

While my hunt was cut short I had a great Time! I was there to help my son on his first ever bow harvest, and I also got to catch up with some great friends ,good luck to all of you!

Comment

Some sorry sack of crap shot my dog and dumped him out on the side of the road by b6. Wow. This hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                                Some sorry sack of crap shot my dog and dumped him out on the side of the road by b6. Wow. This hurts.
                                With bow, could you tell? That's real effed up.

Comment

Working...
                                X