Old Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Wagon

This old wagon, lots of history and miles. It belonged to my wife's great grandfather and passed down to her grandfather. It was around Gordon Tx. most of it time, then her grandfather hauled it to Alpine Tx. I made the trip to Alpine to rescue it from the Thrifty Nickel, the local classifieds. I've had it in my front yard flying Old Glory since the trip from Alpine, had a couple of offers to buy it on the trip. But I don't think I would have had a home if I'd sold it along the way. Sorry for the long story, so I decided to rebuild it since wood was rotted, and falling apart. Here's the progress so far...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Fine work, sir! I graduated from Sul Ross a while ago. Alpine is a beautiful little town.

Comment

Subbed, can't wait to see her all fixed up, this is going to be great!

Comment

Good story; In for the finished results. You gotta love an old wagon. The stories they could tell...

Comment

Cool project

Comment

This is such a cool project. Looking great so far.

Comment

There is nothing better than taking something of important sentimental value and restoring it for future generations to enjoy!
              Good job!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Interesting. Who was the original manufacturer? Studebaker?

Comment

Any update on this Nozzlenut, did you ever get her all finished? We need pics man...pics!

Comment

lol....I put it on hold for deer season...i will start start on rebuilding the axles soon...

Comment

Originally posted by nozzlenut View Post
                      lol....I put it on hold for deer season...i will start start on rebuilding the axles soon...

Ahh, completely understandable sir! Well when you get back to working on it please be sure to post pics; I love old pieces of history like this, would love to see the restoration process and looking forward to when its all fixed up

Comment

Progress

Comment

Man that is outstanding, really looking forward to this!

Comment

Thank you sir!!!
                            It's been fun!!

Comment

Did you or are you going to replace that undercarriage / axle wood?

Comment

Working...
                              X