No announcement yet.

Who else isn’t a fan of a .300blk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have built several and had no issue taking down anything I aim at with them. I shoot suppressed but do not use subsonic rounds.

Comment

I visited with a bowhunter the other day who likes running the suppressed 300BO for his kids from the archery blind. He says its super easy recoil for his 7yr old, small sized rifle and the 30 cal has enough mass for the short distance. I forget exactly which store bought ammo he is running or if its even sub. Reckon a sub will dump enough foot pounds and kill at archery range? If so...Its good enough.

It was designed for suppressed close quarters knock down anyhow.

I dont own one but Im a fan.

Comment

We run custom loaded 150 grain lead tip ammo at 1950 fps.... It’s wooded and we have shots 100yrds or less... It works for us....
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          Why are y’all taking shoulder shots on hogs? Shoot them jokers in the head. No tracking required.
          When we are killing pigs not hunting them, first shot is head shot. Or two at once. After that is start hitting where I can, running, at any range.

But my buddy dropped a body shot one recently DRT with the blackout at 50 yards, no suppressor.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
            When we are killing pigs not hunting them, first shot is head shot. Or two at once. After that is start hitting where I can, running, at any range.

But my buddy dropped a body shot one recently DRT with the blackout at 50 yards, no suppressor.
            Yessir. Just put a hole in them somewhere. Lol

Comment

Only killed one hog with mine so far, so not a lot of field results. Plan to hunt more with it soon.

However when I bought mine, I basically figured I was buying a 30-30/7.62X39 like round that would work in an AR. As close as these 3 cartridges are, if you dislike one of them, you about have to dislike them all. I have a hard time believing that any game animal is going to be able to tell a 100 fps difference - as in runs off when shot with a 300 but drops like a stone when hit in the same spot with a similar bullet from a 762X39.

Comment

Working...
              X