No announcement yet.

Worst eating wild game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck and aoudad are my worst tasting game meat.

Comment

Snow geese
      Bull Redfish (someone else served it to me, never would have killed it myself)
      Any type of diver duck
      Catfish from a pond

A lot of y'all have said wild goat but the only one I've killed I took to some guys at work and they cooked it and brought it back and it was amazing. I didn't want to tackle that one on my own.

Comment

Duck. Any of them.

Comment

My wife doesn’t like dove,so maybe it a women thing.

She loves quail though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
            Duck. Any of them.

What about duck sausage?

[emoji79]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
              Javalina
              Agreed x10!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                What about duck sausage?

[emoji79]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                I've had duck sausage, duck gumbo, Peking duck, duck wrapped in bacon, duck with orange sauce, fried duck..... pretty much every way you can cook it. I don't like duck.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                  I’ve told this story on here before. I have always heard that aoudad is terrible. When I shot my old ram we did not keep the meat. The rancher enjoyed making jerky so we gave it to him without trying any.

Last Fall I attended a wild game dinner and one vendor was cooking aoudad. He had smoked aoudad and fried aoudad. It was the best food there! The fried was like chicken-fried steak. I went back for seconds. The bbq aoudad tasted fine but was a little chewy for my liking so I only sampled one piece of it.
                  Maybe they used a young ewe or 6 month old lamb...I don’t know...but it couldn’t believe how good it was based on everything bad I’ve read and heard about it.
                  So here is my take on meat. Its all how it prepared and cooked. This is why I say this. In collage there was a taco stand that I would eat at a few times a week. Cheap and tasted good and as a collage student that what we looked for. One night on the 10 o'clock news I saw a report about my taco stand being closed down by the health department. Because they were serving Cat tacos. That's right Gato Taco and they were good! Busted them catching them with live traps using Friskies cat food. So meat is meat its all how prepare and cook it.

Comment

Rabid Coyote and Raccoon Burgers. jk gonna have to say diver ducks

Comment

Duck,Geese, Alligator . We have a guy on our lease that cooks Javi and it is really good.

Comment

Aoudad
                        Geese
                        Nilgai

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                          Say what?????? You need someone that knows how to cook to fix dat for you. There are two ways to cook dove and duck. Hot and fast to medium rare or low and slow in a gravy until they are falling off the bone tender. If you grill or bake dove and duck until they are cooked through and through it will taste like liver.

Come on Ducko...you would eating a rotting roadkill skunk in gumbo or gravy if you wouldn't get food poisoning from it...... Your Cajun tastebud level is...how do I say this.... more tolerant..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Come on Ducko...you would eating a rotting roadkill skunk in gumbo or gravy if you wouldn't get food poisoning from it...... Your Cajun tastebud level is...how do I say this.... more tolerant..
                            You're making assumptions but I can promise you that you won't get no skinnier eating my cooking!!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                              I've had duck sausage, duck gumbo, Peking duck, duck wrapped in bacon, duck with orange sauce, fried duck..... pretty much every way you can cook it. I don't like duck.

Please no pics of you partaking the duck sausage! [emoji15]

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                                “Tastes like terd-flavored bubble gum...”

We tried hard to eat it, but it just flat-out sucked.

I blame LeeB for shooting it, and Patek for talking us into eating it
                                All of this ^^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X