Buckwheat Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buckwheat Buck

I went out yesterday evening to check out my foodplot and run my camera. Deer/drought have hit the buckwheat hard, its surviving but thats about it. It has gotten alot of rain the last week, but I think alot of it was too far gone to really recover. Got some buck pics though, was wondering what you guys think about this fella. Age? How much more growing does he have left to go? Pic was taken June 26, so that was two weeks ago. Our bucks usually go into hard antler about mid September.

I say he is "O'TAY Buckwheat".

Looking real good.

cb

Comment

Wow can't wait to see the October Picts.

Comment

Jeff looks really good. He should finish out nicely.

Comment

he looks like he will be really nice!! still has alot of growiong to do.

Comment

I'm sure hoping so! This is the earliest in the season I have started watching them, I really don't know what to expect as far as antler growth from here on out.

Comment

Okay, here is an updated pic of him. Seems to be coming along nicely in the antler growth department. Seems like they always look kind of scabby this time of year, they will be starting to change their coats here in about 6 weeks or so, then they look nice and sleek again. Anyways, I'm liking what I'm seeing.

Comment

Looks like mule deer genes with those forks. Looking good.

Comment

Nice lookin' buck. I'm gonna say 3.5.

Comment

Sweet. Looking like he is going to finish out real nice and high.

Run him north to our place

Comment

Nice looking buck... I hope to see some LDP's after season starts. Good Luck

Comment

Working...
                      X