2018 Alamo Precision Rifles TBH Special Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
    So here is the latest news from Chase himself.....

"Update is I am trying to have bolts there by end of week. I will have the 6 saum bolts and actions there Tuesday (that’s a fact) and worst case the other 308 bolts Tuesday (but I am trying sooner obviously)"

I know we have had the same update for quite a while now, so I can only hope that this one is accurate. That said, we have moved forward on our end to try to expedite as much as possible. The numbers on the actions have been consistent enough for us to feel comfortable pre-chambering barrels for them, so that is what we began doing last week with all of the short actions. We can't really go any farther in the process in case we need to make any minor adjustments to headspace later, but it should be a huge time saver once we actually get the actions in hand. Still no word on the standard long actions at this point. Again, sorry for the delays but please know we are doing everything in our power to get these builds delivered.

Thanks,
    Robert
    Alamo Precision Rifles
    Robert- Is the update the for the short mags the same as the long actions?

Comment

Shorts and short mags by next Tuesday. No word on long action standards.

Comment

So here is the latest news from Chase himself.....

"Update is I am trying to have bolts there by end of week. I will have the 6 saum bolts and actions there Tuesday (that’s a fact) and worst case the other 308 bolts Tuesday (but I am trying sooner obviously)"

I know we have had the same update for quite a while now, so I can only hope that this one is accurate. That said, we have moved forward on our end to try to expedite as much as possible. The numbers on the actions have been consistent enough for us to feel comfortable pre-chambering barrels for them, so that is what we began doing last week with all of the short actions. We can't really go any farther in the process in case we need to make any minor adjustments to headspace later, but it should be a huge time saver once we actually get the actions in hand. Still no word on the standard long actions at this point. Again, sorry for the delays but please know we are doing everything in our power to get these builds delivered.

Thanks,
        Robert
        Alamo Precision Rifles
        Thank you again for the update. I am sure your tired of having to post the same updates with hopes that the other end follows through. Lets hope they are correct this time. Looking forward to getting back to the range when the new rifle is ready.

Comment

Having worked in the industry and been on both sides of the fence: builder and customer (buyer); I can relate to everyone's feelings/emotions. Waiting for a new custom rifle sucks, and will test your patience. In the end it's worth the wait. Communication is the key and APR is definitely keeping everyone abreast of the situation, especially things beyond their control.

I'm in a similar boat as my newest custom varmint/coyote rifle was placed on temporary "hold". GS took several weeks off since he moved into a brand new building. In the interim I've ordered dies, brass, bullets, and powder for my new song dog slayer. I'll post a sperate thread when I take receipt and get some range time in.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
            APR is definitely keeping everyone abreast of the situation, especially things beyond their control.
            Yep

No worries from me

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
              At the range today. Will post results up when I’m done. First 5 down the tube and cleaned between each one. Ready to get some groups now. I have Hornady Black 140, Hornady 140 ELSM, Hornady 143 ELDX, and Federal 130 Berger Match. Hoping it likes one of these factory options before I start reloading for it.

I have 150 Sierra Matchkings, 143 ELDX to load, and some 124 Hammer Hunters on order to try. Now I just need to break down and buy a Chrono.

Well...I'm curious what the results were...

Comment

Just a head's up for the guys waiting on standard long actions..........expect a call from us soon, providing a possible alternative.

Thanks,
                Robert
                Alamo Precision Rifles

Comment

Just a head's up for the guys waiting on standard long actions..........expect a call from us soon, providing a possible alternative.

Thanks,
                  Robert
                  Alamo Precision Rifles
                  the new APR/Brown custom action

definitely a looker

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                    Well...I'm curious what the results were...
                    best group was .2915, backed up with a .408 and a .4845. The rifle seems to like the 140 and 143 loads the best. The Federal 130 Berger match shot 1.271, which was the worst group of the day by a half inch. I now have some 143's loaded with 39-42.5 grains of H4350, 5 rounds each at .5 increments and 2.81 COAL, can't wait to get back to the range and try them out. I'm also going to load up some sierra 150SMK's with the same 39-42.5 grains of H4350 to see if I can find a good node, and I will run it all through my new magnetospeed.

The shot out of the group was the first shot after cleaning the rifle, the next 5 were shot as a group. All shots were off a bipod and rear bag.

I also got my PIG stockpack in with my Right 2 Bear Arms patches

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                      the new APR/Brown custom action

definitely a looker
                      That is the logical choice for sure CB But......... I don't have the long action versions of those yet either, Lol. And they are CM instead of stainless which wouldn't be apples to apples to some folks. While they are a giant leap over a Remington, they are a small step down from the actions we offered for this TBH deal. Lone Peak is willing to hook us up with some long action standard bolt face Razors that actually ARE AVAILABLE and at a good price to help us get these delivered. I feel a little better about that option as it is a top-tier action in every regard. Folks are still free to wait on the Curtis if they choose to for sure. But with multiple missed deadlines starting in Feb. and eventually turning into no deadlines at all , we wanted to at least offer a comparable alternative to get these delivered in time to hunt this season.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
                        best group was .2915, backed up with a .408 and a .4845. The rifle seems to like the 140 and 143 loads the best. The Federal 130 Berger match shot 1.271, which was the worst group of the day by a half inch. I now have some 143's loaded with 39-42.5 grains of H4350, 5 rounds each at .5 increments and 2.81 COAL, can't wait to get back to the range and try them out. I'm also going to load up some sierra 150SMK's with the same 39-42.5 grains of H4350 to see if I can find a good node, and I will run it all through my new magnetospeed.

The shot out of the group was the first shot after cleaning the rifle, the next 5 were shot as a group. All shots were off a bipod and rear ba

I also got my PIG stockpack in with my Right 2 Bear Arms patches

Impressive

Comment

That is the logical choice for sure CB But......... I don't have the long action versions of those yet either, Lol. And they are CM instead of stainless which wouldn't be apples to apples to some folks. While they are a giant leap over a Remington, they are a small step down from the actions we offered for this TBH deal. Lone Peak is willing to hook us up with some long action standard bolt face Razors that actually ARE AVAILABLE and at a good price to help us get these delivered. I feel a little better about that option as it is a top-tier action in every regard. Folks are still free to wait on the Curtis if they choose to for sure. But with multiple missed deadlines starting in Feb. and eventually turning into no deadlines at all , we wanted to at least offer a comparable alternative to get these delivered in time to hunt this season.

Way to step up and take care of folks Robert!

Comment

Got some new bullets in today. Can’t wait to see how these 124 Hammer Hunters perform on game and at the range. Hoping to take this new rifle on a Mule Deer hunt in Colorado in November and to Africa in June, so I need to find a bullet combination that’s accurate and lethal. Will hopefully do some testing on hogs in September.

From left to right 124 Hammer Hunter, 143 ELDX, 150 SMK, and a .308 210 Berger

Comment

After talking with Robert, I'm going with the Lone Peak action.

Comment

Is the Lone Peak option only for those waiting on a Long Action or do we get the option if we are still waiting on a Short Action?

Comment

Working...
                                X