"Contact Tracing"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Contact Tracing"?

I looked and didn't see anything posted or asked about it and this is the first time I have encountered it. If so I apologize and please provide a link if this has been discussed.

My question is, what are your legal options when asked for information? A buddy of mine tried to go to Pluckers yesterday and they asked to take his temp and get his "information". He told them to **** off and went somewhere else which I would have done the same. That one is easy and clear as it is a choice by both parties and can be dealt with on both sides. But what happens when it is an essential or necessary service?

Today my fiancee and I went to the county courthouse to get our marriage certificate. Before entering they took our temp and we had to give them our information on an ipad. The information included full name, address, phone number and email address. I didn't push the issue as we were in a hurry but after we were done I wish I had declined to see what happened. I don't mind having my temp taken but I have a huge problem taking down my information, especially to that degree. The more I thought about it the madder I got at myself for "playing the game". Fit me for a tin foil hat but I would bet money that info isn't just used for tracing with all the government abuse going on right now. I'm curious to see if at a minimum my spam email, texts, etc go up but more importantly I view it as another step to big brother keeping track of their subjects.

So without going any deeper, could I have declined? I know I technically could have declined and walked out similar to my buddy at Pluckers but it isn't like there is another place right down the street where I can pay my tax to get married. So maybe more importantly, if I declined could a government agency have denied me entrance or the service I was there for if I didn't "play the game" or would they have let me in? It doesn't seem right for them to be able to deny that service but it is still a service. Or, what if I was there for a court date? Could I be restricted from going to my court date and have that held against me (not showing up, etc.)?

Most of this is out of curiosity but next time, if there is a next time, I plan to decline as I don't agree with the entire concept and view it as an invasion of privacy.

I don't like it and don't plan on participating. I've seen videos like you described at grocery stores. I guess I'll not buy from those businesses unless it becomes essential. I can skin a buck and run a trot line. I can grow maters but not too good at homemade wine. I might need to stock up on the beer and liquor lol.

Comment

I haven’t had any of those issues in Bexar County. And I go to the courthouse 2-3 times a week. Also been out to eat at several restaurants.

I did read they were doing that in a Austin and it was the city council requiring businesses to ask. Is that true? I also read that one could decline to answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by basskicker24; 05-27-2020, 02:01 PM.

Comment

You can’t stop this crap from spreading, people are all over each other.

It was supposed to be about slowing the peak.

Comment

Tell em’ to go eat a peach

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

**MUST SHARE** It's Getting Worse Than You Can Possibly Imagine!!

Comment

THIS..……….is why you should not participate.

Comment

I went in a precious metals/coin dealer Friday, in Fort Worth. Their sign said No Masks Allowed .

Comment

Originally posted by basskicker24 View Post
                  I haven’t had any of those issues in Bexar County. And I go to the courthouse 2-3 times a week. Also been out to eat at several restaurants.

I did read they were doing that in a Austin and it was the city council requiring businesses to ask. Is that true? I also read that one could decline to answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  That's good to know. We have been out to eat a decent amount and haven't encountered this. We don't go to Austin though. This was at the Williamson County courthouse as Travis County isn't even open yet. Next time, if there is a next time, I will decline.

Comment

"Contact tracing" sounds a lot like "gun registration" doesn't it?

Comment

It’s coming
                      I spoke to One of my customers at Lyondele today and they are slowing returning to work (downtown) in waves and they have to have their temp taken and they are tracing/tracking. They actually have KPI’s for how they work in the office as related to all the covid BS

It’s nuts

Some people are going to have to make some serious decisions

It’s going to have to work it’s way to the Supreme Court

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My drillship (offshore) had 45 people out of 160 get it (not all were tested), and everyone was crew changed out.
                        Now we have to do contact tracing on the ship, wear masks as often as possible, daily temp checks, have social distancing setup in the crew quarters and galley, and are required to show up at a hotel near the heliport, get swab tested, and wait in quarantine for 2 days for the results before we're cleared to fly. The crap we put up with for a paycheck, eh?

But at a store or restaurant? You could take my temp and I'll give you my name. You aren't getting anything else.

Comment

I went to the barber and experienced a form of it. The accept haircuts by appointment only, no walk ins. Seems they have to have contact info for everyone and this is the least obtrusive and paperwork intensive way to do it. No Temperature though. I also went to my optometrist to just pick up some vitamins. They had to take my temperature. Surprised me so much I just laughed and let them wave that magic wand over my forehead. Why restaurants don't operate the same way? Who knows, but if they did I probably quit eating in them
                          Last edited by 1riot1ranger; 05-31-2020, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                            I went in a precious metals/coin dealer Friday, in Fort Worth. Their sign said No Masks Allowed .
                            haha. that's good cause I don't own a mask. My church said you had to wear a mask into the building but could take it off once seated. Said let me know when it's safe to enter and I'll be back!

Comment

Working...
                            X