Anyone got a new 7.3 gas f250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
    Any of you seeing mpg improve after it starts to break in?

I’ve been looking hard at the 7.3 the last couple days. It’s just too bad there’s not many trucks on the lots and no deals to be found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On my tremor (comes with 35" tires) I started off at 13mpg on the highway at 75mph. With 4k miles on the truck I'm at 14. I've gotten as high as 16 on a 180 mile loop at 60-65mph. My 14' F-150 with the 5.0, icon suspension and 35" tires was right at 14mpg at 75mph and Raptor was around 15-16. No complaints on my part for a much more capable truck IMHO.

I saw someone mention the weight of the truck. Per my local CAT scale, we're 1k lbs heavier than I was in my Raptor. With my family and full tank of gas the truck is right at 7460lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
      On my tremor (comes with 35" tires) I started off at 13mpg on the highway at 75mph. With 4k miles on the truck I'm at 14. I've gotten as high as 16 on a 180 mile loop at 60-65mph. My 14' F-150 with the 5.0, icon suspension and 35" tires was right at 14mpg at 75mph and Raptor was around 15-16. No complaints on my part for a much more capable truck IMHO.

I saw someone mention the weight of the truck. Per my local CAT scale, we're 1k lbs heavier than I was in my Raptor. With my family and full tank of gas the truck is right at 7460lbs.

That’s not bad. I was just worried some larger tires would lower the mpg to 10-11 mpg without towing.

I know mileage isn’t why we’re buying trucks but to me there’s a noticeable difference between 13 and 17 when you drive it everyday. Approx. 20-25% higher fuel cost and 20-25% smaller fuel range on longer trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is the Tremor package worth the extra coin vs just adding level kit and tires to an XLT?
        Starting to look at these, just not sure what the Tremor package includes.

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
          Is the Tremor package worth the extra coin vs just adding level kit and tires to an XLT?
          Starting to look at these, just not sure what the Tremor package includes.
          Tremor has some good upgrades but not 100% sure it’s worth it. Mine is a lariat fx4 that has most everything the tremor did but I added the leveling kit and the tires I wanted.

Comment

Working...
          X