Looking for Target for Crossbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Target for Crossbow

I'm looking for an inexpensive target for my tenpoint rdx400 so I'm slower than 400fps. I don't shoot a lot but would like to shoot more than I do. Field points only. Looking for something that is not a struggle to pull and not looking to break the bank. Open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

I use a Morrell Yellow jacket bag target for my Sniper 370. Two finger pull. I think it's a YJ-400. Bought it at Academy a few months ago for $60. They have a YJ-450 on their website for $70. You'll have to have another target for broadheads, but that Morrell works great for FP's and it's reasonable enough.

Comment

Thanks bofos. Much appreciated.

Comment

If you take a bar of dry soap, and rub it on the first 6-8" of the shaft, they will pull from a foam target a lot easier. I use a scent free bar soap so my gear don't smell in the woods too.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          If you take a bar of dry soap, and rub it on the first 6-8" of the shaft, they will pull from a foam target a lot easier. I use a scent free bar soap so my gear don't smell in the woods too.
          Going to have to try that.

Bought a Blackout Crossbow target from Bass Pro the other day. My bolts are going all the way to the fletching. Difficult to pull out.

Read about the yellow jacket, but this one was convenient since I got a crossbow as well. Not Disappointed, but not what I expected.

Comment

I have a Yellerjacket for high speed, and The Block for even higher speed. Both are good broadleaf targets for my vertical bows and my CX crossbow. But neither were enough for my Ravin R29X. Especially for field points. I had to buy another and it seems to stop the field points. Even at 10 yards. It's made by a company called SpyderWeb Targets. They ain't cheap. But o stop my arrows out of the R29X at 9 yards. Did I say that 9 yards is indoors down my hallway?

So you can see why I needed something to stop them. The SpyderWeb No Speed Limits target will do just that. Shipping was fast on it too. Mine is ST 18 XL. It really isn't made for broadheads. I'll use one of the other targets for that when I stretch the distance out. Think it's rated for something like 500 fps or something like that.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
            Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-20-2020, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks all. I went with the yellow jacket yj450 and it was stopping my field tips from my Ten Point RDX 400. Never penetrated more than 50% of the bolt length. Happy with it so far! Thanks all

Comment

The bags are the way to go, We shoot my wifes PSE and it works well.

Comment

Originally posted by LostInTexas View Post
                  Thanks all. I went with the yellow jacket yj450 and it was stopping my field tips from my Ten Point RDX 400. Never penetrated more than 50% of the bolt length. Happy with it so far! Thanks all
                  That's a good one [emoji106]. Just soap the shafts.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

As TG stated, just soap the shaft- it your shaft anyway, on no-one will ask.

Said in joking. There is also non-soap products that will make removal easier.

Comment

Working...
                    X