No announcement yet.

Just another blind build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following.... Starting mine in a few weeks...

Comment

Nice

Comment

Thanks again. More progress coming over the weekend. I did get my roofs ordered yesterday. Should be ready for pick up wed. Or Thursday.

I have a hook up on spray foam. My wife works for a custom home builder.

Comment

Finally have all the trim and skin complete on the first stand.

Time to move this one out and get the other one in the garage

Comment

Very Nice!!

Comment

I think this is a very nice project. The work is excellent. I just have a question. Will there be a problem with rain getting in between the sheet metal and the door/window frames?
              Maybe I overlooked something? Or, is that where the spray insulation comes in?

Comment

Where did you find the hinge windows?

Comment

Between the window trim and square tubing there is a small chance if a leak. No problem a little silicone won't fix.

Door is double sealed and no chance of water getting behind the trim.

Windows will be mounted to 1x2s screwed to the square tbg. Another small potential for a leak. Silicone will remedy some if the problem.

I don't think the window itself will leak but there's a chance for sure. I've never used these windows before.

Deer view windows.

Comment

Making progress yet again. I have all the sheet metal out on the second stand and corner trim. Waiting on more J trim to arrive.

Will be starting on the bases shortly.

Comment

Here's both stands side by side.

Also here's the bottom rings for the bases compared to my old 4x4 rifle blind.

Comment

Ok boys and girls. Finally another update.

I picked up some more 1.5" angle iron for clips and 3" angle iron for the bases.

The rest of my door and window trim came in and I've cut all the trim to length. Now if I could just finish notching all the trim to fit.

Oh and I got the call my roofs were finished so I went and picked them up then set them in place. Still need to screw them down. Hope to have the stands spray insulated this coming week.

Comment

Just another blind build

Got all the trim slipped into place. Now waiting on it to cool off. Then I'll screw it all in place and attach the roofs.

Comment

Just another blind build

Not much to update, but I got the roofs screwed on.

Also built the top ring for the base out of 3"x3"angle iron in a 6' square.

More to come.......

Comment

That's some serious blinds, they will last a life time for sure, awesome work!

Comment

First class!

Comment

Working...
                                X