The "Out of Focus" Buck is Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "Out of Focus" Buck is Back

Here is the thread which includes a link to the original thread on this buck that I posted last year. It contains the history and progression of this buck.

Discuss aging, scoring, management ideas and all things related to improving hunting conditions

I have been getting trail cam pics of him this year, but have not seen him in person yet. He is impressive again, this time as a 4 yo.

We found the shed from one side from last season and it was incredible. Never found the other side even though we looked really hard. Interestingly the side we found was in 2 parts as he must have had a fight late in the season that broke the mainbeam right at the G2. We found the big part first and when one of the ranch hands was spraying mesquite he found the base, it got a little of the herbicide dye on it. I wired the 2 parts together for the picture.

Here are game cam pics of him on 08/07/2017. Really difficult to tell if he is bigger than last year at this stage but I do think his mass score has gone up. Note that he is about to lose a drop on his right antler that has been broken and only velvet is holding it on. (There goes a loss of 6-8 inches of his final score.) Probably a couple of weeks or so of growth left to go before we start seeing shedding begin on some of the bucks.... not sure about this one.

Crazy!! Awesome buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Freak of all Freak Nastys!

Comment

A buck like that don't need two sides !

Comment

WOW

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Comment

I see why he is tagged #21...

21x21

Comment

Impressive

Comment

Good Gosh!

Comment

Holy.......

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    A buck like that don't need two sides !
                    Funny..

Going tomorrow to see if I might get to see him and get a picture. It is frustrating to want to see him and fail time after time.

Comment

Wow! X 1000

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool buck! That is, if you are into height, mass, character, etc. I typically go for the thin, short antlered bucks myself.

Comment

Pretty deer. Thanks for sharing

Comment

he's a brute!

Comment

Working...
                            X