County Line One Buck County Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

County Line One Buck County Question

My cousin brought up an interesting question over the weekend. His deer stand literally sits on the county line of two 1 buck counties. So legally, can he kill two 13+ inch bucks from this stand?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If he thinks he can convince a GW

Comment

As long as they’re in separate counties.

Comment

I've always thought about what would happen if you were on a lease that was in two different counties...can you legally take a buck in both counties?

Comment

Nevemind.

Comment

Depends on which window he shoots them out of...

Comment

I hunt on a lease where 3 counties intersect. Legally you can if each is killed in a different county. But it's purely up to your local warden. There is enough grey area within the rules that they can ticket you for it at their discretion.

Comment

So you have to GPS your position and then GPS the county lines and then not shoot over the invisible line. I have a headache.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag_Attack View Post
                  I hunt on a lease where 3 counties intersect. Legally you can if each is killed in a different county. But it's purely up to your local warden. There is enough grey area within the rules that they can ticket you for it at their discretion.
                  Got ya. In his situation, the county line runs right in front of his stand and he corns his sendero in both counties. I guess the best thing to do is call the local game warden for an answer but I bet answers will vary from county to county. I was hoping for a more black n white answer.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                    I've always thought about what would happen if you were on a lease that was in two different counties...can you legally take a buck in both counties?

We used to hunt a lease that covered 2 counties and rules were different for each. Better know where county line is in case GW asks you where you shot it.

Comment

I don't make the rules, I just follow them. The law says I can kill 1 13" deer in each county. I don't see a gray area here at all, unless you bring into play that he was sitting in the same county when each deer was shot.

Comment

We have a lease that is split by a county line and both counties are 1 buck counties. We have stands in both counties and can and have killed 2 bucks, one in each county legally and out of the stands in that particular county. Fortunately the county line runs north to south in a straight line.

Comment

That could get grey in a hurry

Comment

I would say that it depends on which county the deer is "SHOT" in. If your stand is in one county and you shoot a deer in that county then that is one buck. If you shoot a deer from the same county but the deer you shoot is in a different county you are still harvesting from the same county. You are still hunting in the same county. I don't think it would matter if the second deer was in a different county. I think it would be a violation. Now if your stand was on the other side of the line and you shot the deer while hunting in the other county I think you would be ok.

Comment

A guy in my office killed 2 bucks over 13" on his lease in 2 counties. Game warden did not say a word when he checked his license in second deer

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X