• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What all is envolved in tuning a bow ?

Just wondering what all is done

in

Comment

1.) decent overall check of bow (strings, limbs, riser, cams, etc) to check for damage/cam lean
      2.) on binary cam bow, make sure string/cables are placing the equal amount of pull on their respective cam.
      3.) set correct nocking point
      4.) install rest and set centershot (get everything level and square)
      5.) papertune/walk back tune (whatever is preferred)
      6.) sight in
      7.) kill

Comment

Then u gotta check tiller, ata, timing, and spine selection

Comment

Heres the question I have for tuning

What's involed in tuning it if it's nots hit right with broad heads?

Comment

Originally posted by TallTexan View Post

I'm not an expert with tuning, but I would re do a field point tuning at about 6FEET. Then after your shooting bullet holes through paper, go back to 20 yards with your broadheads and shoot three or four and see how that does. If that doesnt work, get on youtube and start searching. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by TallTexan View Post

Arrow spine and length, rest location and center shot, nock point, rest tension(only if it is not a drop away), draw weight. Those are all things that can help or hurt the ability of your bow to shoot BHs to the same POI as a field point.

And it could all be wasted time if the BH is not sitting squarely on the shaft, or the insert is not straight, and a simple spin test can find that.

Oh I think I forgot possible. Cam lean, cam timing, and possibly a cable harness that could need to be tweaked.

Comment

SS Lutz ® blades, 7/8” bleeder blades and Alcatraz™ Bladelock system all married with laser-like flight characteristics you have come to expect from Slick Trick

Comment

i'd start with center shot
                  1. paper tune for a starting point but by the time I'm done with my bows I typically will no longer get a bullet hole
                  2. walk back 10,20,30,40
                  3. broadhead tune

Comment

Who does super tuning on diamond bow in the near the Houston area.

Comment

Walk back and BH only.

Comment

So if your bh poi are different from field tips and moving the rest is what easton say on the tune chart, wouldnt that move the poi of your field tips?

Comment

Not necessarily on moving the impact point of the FP's. You are only gong to move your rest in very minute increments.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                            Not necessarily on moving the impact point of the FP's. You are only gong to move your rest in very minute increments.
                            I understand that, but if you move your rest then bot POI's have to change?

Comment

Originally posted by Skullworks52 View Post
                              I understand that, but if you move your rest then bot POI's have to change?
                              Sight in and tune with FP first, then shoot the BH and tweak the rest in the direction the BH need to go. Move the sight to adjust for the FP POI and then shoot BH again and adjust rest slightly in direction BH need to go, then back to the FP and adjust sight for POI for FP. Keep doing that until BH and FP are the same POI. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X