Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did the post with the tbh’er 271” deer go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
    Well, seeing how the investigation is open....

Leon I know you have a personal interest in this, but law enforcement gives out info all the time while things are still being investigated. The exception is if a judge puts a gag order on a case. Haven't you ever seen a press conference with a law officer giving details of "what they know so far".

I want things to work out for Travis as much as most of us do.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      Leon I know you have a personal interest in this, but law enforcement gives out info all the time while things are still being investigated. The exception is if a judge puts a gag order on a case. Haven't you ever seen a press conference with a law officer giving details of "what they know so far".

I want things to work out for Travis as much as most of us do.
      If LEO or GW's haven't publicly released any info, then isn't that a leak?

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
        If LEO or GW's haven't publicly released any info, then isn't that a leak?

I would think so, yes

Comment

I aint reading 15 pages.....

they catch the dude with the knife in the tire?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            I aint reading 15 pages.....

they catch the dude with the knife in the tire?
            I think so, which fight style was he?

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
              I think so, which fight style was he?
              judychopinja mixed with tai foo

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                judychopinja mixed with tai foo
                oh, no, wrong one, he's still on the loose. watch ya wife, watch ya kids...

Comment

Any new developments in the case?

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                    Any new developments in the case?

Nope

Comment

Just got sent pics of this deer...

It's been shot a bunch of times but is STILL ALIVE.

Check the date
                      That **** don't lie...

Comment

Full story posted here!

Comment

Originally posted by Cable View Post
                          The irony of this forum debating this deer being ok, but the same conversation on any other platform being completely out of bounds hasn't been lost on me.

One of the silliest things I've seen. It's okay to have the conversation on the Greenscreen, but don't you dare mention it on Facebook?

A potential state record buck was confiscated. It's big news. If you wan't drama, the threads on TBH regarding this buck are a great resource.

Carry on.

Well except you are trying to pimp your show/page for clicks, likes, radio tune ins and monetary gain using the drama. The folks discussing it on the forum are just doing that... discussing it. To say it is any other thing on your side is the silliest thing I have ever seen.

I don't have a dog in the fight but folks pimps for clicks everyday.... it is what it is.....just admit it. I stand by my initial statement ...
                          Last edited by Smart; 10-16-2017, 12:52 PM.

Comment

The statement " it was well known this deer was 100% nocturnal" was my first clue that this was not a well informed writer. I have had deer that were only caught on camera at night but then killed at noon opening weekend.
                            It makes the reader lean towards a conclusion that it was an illegal kill based on the false belief that a deers actions are 100% predictable.

I don't know if he shot it with a spotlight and a shotgun but I do know the article was misleading.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                              It's been discussed quite a bit. Just do a search for "humane dispatch."
                              In a nutshell, you can humanely dispatch a mortally wounded deer as long as you did not cause the injury (not through the actor's conduct.)

Texas Parks and Wildlife Code - PARKS & WILD § 61.060. Defense to Prosecution:  Humane Dispatch of Certain Game Animals and Birds
                              Search Texas Statutes

(a) In this section:

(1) “Dispatch” means to kill by any humane method.

(2) “Game animal” has the meaning assigned by Section 63.001 .

(3) “Game bird” has the meaning assigned by Section 64.001 .

(b) It is a defense to prosecution for a violation of this chapter or of a regulation adopted or proclamation issued under the authority of this chapter by the commission that the actor dispatched a game animal or game bird that:

(1) was mortally wounded, not through the actor's conduct;  or

(2) behaved in a manner that:

(A) is inconsistent with the manner in which a game animal or game bird that is not diseased typically behaves;  and

(B) leads a reasonable person to believe that the game animal or game bird poses a substantial risk of serious harm to itself, a person, or other wildlife.

(c) The commission may adopt rules, including rules concerning the disposition of a game animal or a game bird that has been dispatched under this section, to implement this section.

None of this means a GW won't write you a citation for it but this is your "defense to prosecution."
                              I was searching for this during the first thread. I had read this particular piece of law over a year ago and couldn't seem to dig it up. I remember having a campfire discussion about it with some folks. Essentially, if you read it, as the hunter, you don't get to "dispatch" a wounded deer outside of legal hunting hours because you were the "actor" in creating the situation. It seems however, that a buddy could put a bullet in the deer for you though, if it was mortally wounded when you found it while tracking. At least the way I read the law, that is how it has to play out to be "defensible".

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bill View Post
                                The statement " it was well known this deer was 100% nocturnal" was my first clue that this was not a well informed writer. I have had deer that were only caught on camera at night but then killed at noon opening weekend.
                                It makes the reader lean towards a conclusion that it was an illegal kill based on the false belief that a deers actions are 100% predictable.

I don't know if he shot it with a spotlight and a shotgun but I do know the article was misleading.....
                                I didn't read it that way. I just read it as he finally got lucky and caught the buck in daylight.

Comment

Working...
                                X