Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big pig

Comment

Here is a 428lb pig killed last year in MS.

Comment

Originally posted by lonestarag View Post
        416 is in the ball park. Figure that dude is 190-200 himself, and that hog is twice as thick as he is. Sure, why not. It's a hunting story bro, relax...
        Clearly the guy weighs more than that. He is just about as tall as the shed that he is standing near.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          Then maybe people should stop lying.

I'm glad people are called out on this. I hate it when I see a guy holding a 18-20# catfish and claiming it's 40+ pounds. And no one even questions them. This is the internet and people will say whatever they can get away with.
          Maybe IF YOU HAD BEEN THERE, your skepticism would have more credibility, but since you weren't, his word is as good as yours.

Comment

I raised European boars for sale to game ranches for a long time in Lavaca County. The largest I sold was a breeder boar who weighed 462 pounds when sold. The boars that I raised would attain their maximum length and height in 2.5-3 years on average. Where the weight came on was when the girth began to appear from years 3-6. Side by side or stretched out (like the one in the pic) and one of my breeders at 275 would look almost identical to one of my mature males at 100-150 pounds heavier.
            No idea on the original pic here, but girth is where the weight is on boars. Especially those with a strong genetic likeness to European boars.

I also ran the WWT record books for hogs for a lot of years and weighed on certified scales hundreds of hogs between that and tournaments. A wild hog in Texas over 300 pounds is a rare find and a true free range trophy to be had. I'm plum happy when I get one over 225-250 myself.

Just my 2 cents...

Click on the record  holder’s name view the picture. BOAR High Fence Wild Boar – Tusk Class Place Score Date Hunter State Country 1 666.00T 11-21-2008 Paul Bilberry Texas USA 2 625.50T 01-13-2012 Randy Stapp Texas USA 3 603.00T 11-18-2009 Jay Hutto Texas USA 4 549.38T 12-09-2007 Ed Sullivan Texas USA 5 521.13T 04-27-2007 James … Continue reading Record Books →

Comment

I made a call and found out that personally know the game warden that worked this story. He is the one that posted it on their fb page. I have no reason to doubt what he says .
              Haters are always gonna hate!

Comment

That's a whole lot of bacon!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Court2005 View Post
                  Here is a 428lb pig killed last year in MS.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/s...-pig/78359822/
                  This is legit. My buddy is a taxidermist and did the shoulder mount on this boar.

Comment

Originally posted by sweldo73 View Post
                    Not trying to accuse you of anything (like trying to make the hog look bigger), but I'm not wrong. Your hand may have very well been on it's back but that doesn't change the fact that you are farther away from the camera making the hog appear larger proportionally to you. Again, even small differences in distance between the camera and objects at close ranges results in exaggerated proportions - that's just a fact of how perspective works.

I've added a line under your heals, which would represent a plane projected through your center of gravity on the ground. The line under the hog's nose represents it's distance from the camera. This quantity is less known because it's difficult to tell if it's touching the ground or not. The hog could be off of the ground by a good bit which would actually even move it closer to the camera, thereby exaggerating the proportional difference even more (i.e. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt by putting it right under his nose).

With that said, there is a clear distance difference from the camera between where you are standing and where the hog is hanging. Again, I know it's not intentional, it's just the way it is.

[ATTACH]878128[/ATTACH]
                    Lol

Comment

Congrats on a boar of a lifetime!!! Hope you are getting it shoulder mounted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[ATTACH]878155[/ATTACH]
                        I'm the worst picture attacher on TBH but that says 240lbs. I assumed he would weigh more but not more than 275. I don't think I've ever shot one over 250 but there were a couple ones I never weighed. Quartering away heart shots on these big pigs is one of my favorite shots to take!

Comment

Seen a 400 killed and killed 10 over 200 including 2 a couple lbs below 300. And one slightly over 350.

It takes a monster to break 275. Much less 300 or 400

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                            I say 235
                            Knock all the mud off him and you probably nailed it!

Comment

Originally posted by Deathrow Jethro View Post
                              That pig weighs a lot I can tell. I mean when he laid down in the bed of your truck he broke the tailgate off, so you know he is big.

MY OFFICIAL "WAG" = 310
                              Haha the good ole s**t s-10 lease ride, love havin that little truck at the lease

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                                I made a call and found out that personally know the game warden that worked this story. He is the one that posted it on their fb page. I have no reason to doubt what he says .
                                Haters are always gonna hate!
                                I don't doubt him either. He said reportedly... not verified or official. You don't need to doubt your acquaintance. He is suspect of the pig's weight too

PS Why was the GW involved? Was he trespassing? Did he shoot it on corp land? ...too soon?

Comment

Working...
                                X