2015 powerstroke ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015 powerstroke ????

I bought a used 2015 6.7 awhile back. It runs fine , plenty of power. The only thing is every oil change it is about 1" low on coolant. I can't find any leaks, no smell nothing. I have a 2009 duramax with 237,000 and have never added coolant.

Originally posted by bentman View Post
    I bought a used 2015 6.7 awhile back. It runs fine , plenty of power. The only thing is every oil change it is about 1" low on coolant. I can't find any leaks, no smell nothing. I have a 2009 duramax with 237,000 and have never added coolant.
    Does it go any lower than an 1" low? Might not be a big deal if it just sticks at an inch low.

Side note, you got a photo of that car in your avatar? A '68 Roadrunner is a dream car for me.

Comment

Is it possible that its going through another route..?? intake leak, head gasket, out the exhaust..???

Comment

I have changed the oil 3 times, every 6,000 miles and each time it is about 1" low. Its going somewhere just need to figure out where. 73 RR with a 360 stroked out to a 414 big cam small street carb with AC. 11:1 motor will run on pump gas but it really likes 100 octane. motor dynode @ 505hp TQ was 575 its a beast of a motor it will smoke the tires thru all 3 gears

Comment

No water in the oil. no loss of power

Comment

Notorious for cracking around the sides of the radiator. Mine started to do it and a buddy's aswell.

Comment

boh347....I cant smell anything, if the radiator was cracked I would think there would be a drip and coolant smell.

Comment

A forum community dedicated to Ford F-series owners and enthusiasts with a Power Stroke diesel engine. Come join the discussion about performance, bulletproofing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!

Get under and check with a flash light.

Comment

I have camped out under the truck with a flashlight I cant find anything.

Comment

Pressurize the system. If there are any leaks, that will show them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have camped out under the truck with a flashlight I cant find anything.
                      Did you looks when the motor was operating temp?

Comment

Temp is fine its not losing enough coolant to get hot

Comment

Temp is fine its not losing enough coolant to get hot
                          Not what I meant, did you look for a leak when the motor was at operating temp? A lot of times the heat will expand a crack that wouldn't leak cold.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                            Notorious for cracking around the sides of the radiator. Mine started to do it and a buddy's aswell.
                            I was going to mention this. I had a 97 z71 that had a crack in the radiator tank. I could add coolant every day and it would need it the next. But I could go fora year without putting it in there and it would never get hot. Would pressurize just enough to leak so much and then quit. Don't think I ever smelled any thing wither

Comment

Yes I parked it on a curb and crawled underneath when the motor was up to temp. Any other ideals anyone has would be helpful?????

Comment

Working...
                              X