Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

syrian cease fire

thoughts?

to me its really about money. pinch the $$ the fighting stops.

frankly im near tears. I love no more of our guys getting blown up, I love that Pence mentioned millions of Americans praying for the moment.

we have the greatest military in world history, and I am glad to have a few more home.

So the threat of sanctions is working?

Comment

If this holds the wailing, crying and moaning and gnashing of teeth of the democrats will be heard like never before. Might even prod some into jumping off a cliff.

Comment

Wait.....What?
        Did Trump win again?

Comment

120hr pause. 'We will suspend the Peace Spring operation for 120 hours for the PKK/YPG to withdraw. This is not a ceasefire,' Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu said.

Comment

yup...bit of a killjoy the way pence & trump were talking. Sure sounded like a solid CF to me or I missed the time frame mentioned if they said it.

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
              120hr pause. 'We will suspend the Peace Spring operation for 120 hours for the PKK/YPG to withdraw. This is not a ceasefire,' Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu said.
              Oops.....that ain't good. Hopefully the innocent can get outta the way.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I heard a replay of Pence saying something about 5 days...it is a cease fire regardless of time I reckon. Most CF's in the war movies last about 2 minutes!!

I agree Oscar, those folks need to get on the move!! That part of the world is so jacked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  Oops.....that ain't good. Hopefully the innocent can get outta the way.

The problem is that there is very little innocent ideology there on any side. The Turks are a NATO member yet reason is pretty much set up as a radical dictator now. The Kurds helped us help them but the ideology is still anti American. They want their own caliphate and part of it belongs to Turkey . I'm just glad Americans aren't firing on either side today. That said we have nukes stored in turkey and fly air missions put of it to patrol the entire mess.

My grandmother once said that if I see snakes fighting don't pick a side. Just let them fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    The problem is that there is very little innocent ideology there on any side. The Turks are a NATO member yet reason is pretty much set up as a radical dictator now. The Kurds helped us help them but the ideology is still anti American. They want their own caliphate and part of it belongs to Turkey . I'm just glad Americans aren't firing on either side today. That said we have nukes stored in turkey and fly air missions put of it to patrol the entire mess.

My grandmother once said that if I see snakes fighting don't pick a side. Just let them fight.
                    I hear ya and understand that, but innocent ideologues are one thing but innocent human beings is another. It has been a mess since b4 our times and shall be afterwards.[emoji120]

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      The Kurds helped us help them but the ideology is still anti American. They want their own caliphate and part of it belongs to Turkey .
                      Absolute nonsense. The 35 million Kurds who've lived on the land they inhabit for over 1000 years simply don't want to be ruled by Arabs, Turks, and Persians. A caliphate implies religious Islamic rule, and no current kurd autonomous government looks anything like a caliphate.

The only reason that land "belongs" to turkey, is because that's what the British and french decided when they broke up the ottoman empire 100 years ago.

As for this ceasefire being great...it gives turkey exactly what it wants with the only condition being a 5 day ceasefire.
                      Last edited by sir shovelhands; 10-17-2019, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        Wait.....What?
                        Did Trump win again?
                        Imagine that!

Comment

We moved less than 60 troops and all hell breaks loose. I know we are good but dang.

Comment

You only need 60 due to rational deterrence theory. Those 60 weren’t actively fighting off Turkey.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              We moved less than 60 troops and all hell breaks loose. I know we are good but dang.
                              I know right!

Comment

Working...
                              X