opinions on oneida bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opinions on oneida bows

new to hunting and archery. started with a recurve and really like the feel, but wanted the power of the compound. I have been looking into getting one of the oneida bows. Just wanted to know if anyone here in texas uses these and if they like the feel?

Never used one to hunt but they sure make good bowfishing bows.....

Comment

Oneidas are amazing bows BUT

Nothing beats the draw cycle they ae smooth can be made quiet hit hard balence well. The thing is you have tinker with them constantly.
      The lever limb design is sweet good for guys with shoulder issues but I didnt find them to be very dependable .
      If you want a pleasure bow they would be good for that if you want a grab and go hunting bow I wouldnt recommend one.
      If you are sold on the lever limbs look into a Monster brand bows .They are a cam less leverlimb . All the advantages and less to go wrong.
      I went back to Martin
      Mike

Comment

Thanks for the info, I have just purchased a monster bow phoenix and hoping to get it here within two weeks

Comment

Just saw your post. I know Mikie Day from Monster Bows and you will be happy with your purchase. Im a staff shooter for Oneida and would be happy to help you if you decide to change brands. Oneidas do NOT need to be tinkered with all the time. I have 14 Oneidas, and I set them up once and they shoot well. I have everything from 24 year old screaming eagles to Extreme Prototypes and have taken them from Alaska to Africa. PM me if youd like more information.

Comment

thanks Hugh, I am new to hunting as I have never hunted and new to bows. started with a recurve bow due son starting boyscouts this year. really wanted something that had the feel of a recurve with the power of a compound, both the oneida and monster ( i think) fell in that area. Having never shot either, I went out on a limb and bought a monster due to price. Would still like to shoot an onieda tho.

Comment

Working...
            X