2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
    After catching up on this thread, looks like a great season in store across the Pineywoods. I've got a couple big mature 8's coming in on my Montgomery County lease that I will be after. I got both my feeders up and running about 3.5 weeks ago on my Madison County lease but no cameras running up there.

I'm pretty close to having a Houston County lease rapped up! The landowner has already agreed to lease to me. I'm going out there tomorrow or Saturday to meet the landowner and look the place over. Per google maps, this place looks like absolute money! I'm pumped over this place big time. It's not a big place 100+ acres but it is the right location no doubt.
    I too picked up a place in Houston co. I’ll be going out Tuesday or wed to setup

Comment

Lots happening now! Busy time 1. Will be spraying food plots soon and leaving standing dead until planting
      2. I’ve got “Wonder Bra” last several days on the man made trail going by my stand. It’s still at dark... but it’s a start. Still in velvet as of Sunday, but wouldn’t be surprised if hard horned today. I was about 50/50 on cameras.

3. Have an awesome up and comer frequenting the dairy. I named him “Junior”, I’m 99% certain he’s out of the giant a few years ago that neighbors “think I missed...” (with 22-250). Anyway lots of similarities and will be a giant in 2-3 years. He is off limits to my daughter this year... hope/ doubt neighbors can resist. Those big horns on little deer look even bigger

4. FINALLY located the buck I wanted Lola to get last season. He was a slick 8 last year, now a small 9th Wide and just a nice frame

Oh.... wonder bra, went from main 10... to a 9 ��... more trash but I don’t think he will score what he would last year (know he won’t bet anyway)

Season is shaping up with some players!!!

Comment

Deer I HOPE Lola gets a shot at this year... she named it

“Rainbow dash”... lmao.

I saw him several times last year, but he moved off by thanksgiving
        Attached Files

Comment

“Junior” I wish him luck.
          Attached Files

Comment

I think is “Junior”!, daddy.... “floppy”. Made me sick, and still does... dang
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              I think is “Junior”!, daddy.... “floppy”. Made me sick, and still does... dang

They have to be related. So the neighbors “thought” you missed? Or ya missed? [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                They have to be related. So the neighbors “thought” you missed? Or ya missed? [emoji28]

I found him with a thermal one evening. Still “dusky”. Couldn’t see horns but he was 2x the size of every other deer in field. I marked where he cane out and marked where he crossed creek. Put cameras at both... $&@%!!!!!!

His route through my property was flawless. Had to have N wind in the evening and even that was going to be +\- 30 minutes of light. I got to hunt him once... once ... 1 time all season. Missed him by 20 minutes

Had him on 3 cameras over 2 properties nightly. Last week of season the neighbors 2 properties over missed him! I had on camera later that night. Last Saturday of season next door neighbors daughter shot at and “think I missed” at 60 yards with .22-250. She’s killed dumpsters full of deer and never missed. I’ve never seen him again, and to my knowledge nobody else lose that was watching him has either

I have a bunch of pics of him but all just after dark and late night. Neighbors that missed him first had several daytime pics

And I’m 1/4 mile with a dog and more tracks under my belt than anyone in 50 miles.... crickets

Comment

Them are pretty nice deer!

Comment

All plots got smashed and sprayed Wednesday evening. Some of the pearl millet was close to 10’ tall !!!.... and still had a few peas in there

Comment

Well I’m 99% done with all my setups now just wait for big boys to move in

Comment

Further behind this year than last. Dry as a powder keg on our place. Pulled the only 2 camera I have out last night.

Happy to see a deer I let walk 3 or 4 times is still kicking

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Only decent buck I have on camera right now.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
                            Only decent buck I have on camera right now.
                            Holy 2s! Nice buck.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice buck CSanders.

Comment

That's a nice one. Hope he stays around for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X