ISO Black Bear Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO Black Bear Hunt

Looking for a black bear hunt for the wife and I. Any recommendations?

Jeff lander. He owns primitive outfitting in BC. We literally saw 100 bears a day. Absolutely amazing operation he has up there. Tell him Cody Witt sent you.

Comment

If you are interested in a fall gun hunt, check out Keg Country Outfitters in Alberta, Ca. Great outfit, reasonable pricing, 2 bear limit, color phases, very large bears, chance for a free wolf. Over 100% success rate. Spot and stalk over grain fields. Bears from miles of surrounding wilderness flock into the grain fields to fatten up before winter. I can’t imagine a better set up. Feel free to PM me for further info.

Comment

What's your budget and how far do you want to travel? Cont US, Canada, AK? All have bears, over baits, hounds, spot and stalk etc.

I can give your great recommendations on guys up here in AK. As a non resident you don't need to draw a tag with one in South Central, but for the huge bears in South East Prince of Wales its a draw, and about $8,000.00

Hugh

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
          If you are interested in a fall gun hunt, check out Keg Country Outfitters in Alberta, Ca. Great outfit, reasonable pricing, 2 bear limit, color phases, very large bears, chance for a free wolf. Over 100% success rate. Spot and stalk over grain fields. Bears from miles of surrounding wilderness flock into the grain fields to fatten up before winter. I can’t imagine a better set up. Feel free to PM me for further info.

How do you get over 100% success rate?

Comment

If you want to hunt in New Mexico send me a P.M.

Comment

My Dad hunted up there two years ago. He loved it. I understand ownership has changed hands recently. Really big bears though and good pricing.

Comment

My wife and I had an awesome time. Eric and his family are great. TBHers have been going here for years. Do a search
                Last edited by bps3040; 04-18-2018, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  2 bear limit - so those that want more than one bear can usually take a second one.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    If you can kill 2 bears, they base the percentage on a hunter killing A bear.
                    So, if there's 10 hunters in camp, 4 of them kill 1 bear, 4 of them kill 2 bears, and 2 of them don't kill, the percentage is still 120%.

Some outfitters even consider it success if you have a shot opportunity, not necessarily a kill.

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
                      My Dad hunted up there two years ago. He loved it. I understand ownership has changed hands recently. Really big bears though and good pricing.
                      As of about a month ago, last time I communicated with Leo H., ownership hadn’t changed. He has worked there over 20 years I think, and bought out the previous outfitter 11 years ago I believe.

Comment

As of about a month ago, last time I communicated with Leo H., ownership hadn’t changed. He has worked there over 20 years I think, and bought out the previous outfitter 11 years ago I believe.

He got a call from the new owner last week saying he recently acquired the outfit from Leo and was offering discounted rates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, that’s news to me. Will have to check it out - might be one of the previous guides. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
                            He got a call from the new owner last week saying he recently acquired the outfit from Leo and was offering discounted rates.

I sent you P.M.

Comment

Black Bear Island Lodge. First rate operation and some the best fishing in Canada is included in your hunt. Huge pike and giant walleye. We’ve always had a 100% success rate with DJ and Dawn. Lots of color phase bears as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X