No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been diligent about starting my generator every 2 weeks just for this week. Earlier this year (or maybe it was last) I downsized my generator to something I can move around easy and with a tolerable decibel level. We have a plan to consolidate the garage freezer contents into the house and only plan to run one refrigerator and a couple of fans. Downloading movies on the ipads and phones. I won't get caught like I did after Ike when I had to run an extension cable to my neighbor who let me plug in 15 minutes of every hour to keep my fridge cold. He drove to Nacodoches the day after Ike btw. That was the closest place that had any generators in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
      Yep! I'm all the way up the coast near beaumont, but I'm making preps. I don't like the looks of this at all. I think there's s good chance landfall is further east than expected.
      Yep shifting east a little just like Bluewater and Johnny said. Once inland , it is going to mill around like a hog under a feeder for a couple days. Who knows how much rain will fall on the east side, not to mention a future landfall that direction if it goes back off shore

Comment

Well crap...

Comment

Do yall reckon a Honda EU2000I is sufficient enough to run my freezer and maybe a fan?

Comment

Please remember I am strictly referring to Houston and surrounding areas here...........would I be wrong in assuming that it would actually be better (rain wise for Houston) if the storm continues east and hit closer to Galveston?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In Beaumont as well... Not going to get too serious about it, but I will go buy a couple cases of water and fill up the gas cans this afternoon just in case it heads more east.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                Please remember I am strictly referring to Houston and surrounding areas here...........would I be wrong in assuming that it would actually be better (rain wise for Houston) if the storm continues east and hit closer to Galveston?

This is what I was thinking, it's almost like you'd rather it hit closer to houston and let the "dirty" side hit LA

Comment

Same rain amount estimate it would just be moved around by 100mph+ winds.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                    Do yall reckon a Honda EU2000I is sufficient enough to run my freezer and maybe a fan?

Yes

Comment

Dumb question....is there a certain side of the hurricane that is more ripe to spinning off tornadoes?

Comment

Yes

Thanks. I dont know how much juice a freezer and fridge need to run. We have one of each. The freezer is more important, but if i can run both i will.

Comment

Evacuations would be a complete nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                            Dumb question....is there a certain side of the hurricane that is more ripe to spinning off tornadoes?
                            The northeast and east side. Thats where all the bad stuff congregates. Higher winds, rain, tornadoes. Thats why its called the "dirty side"

Comment

I'm guessing national gas prices will start to rise as well.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                                Evacuations would be a complete nightmare.
                                ahhhh rita. that wonderful 20 hour dallas trip...

Comment

Working...
                                X