Son’s arrow help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Son’s arrow help

Need the arrow wizards to help with an arrow for my son. He’s shooting a 2014 PSE DNA, 47lb, 26” dl. I have 2 heads available for him to shoot. 125gr solids or 100gr Germin Kentic. I’d really like him to shoot the German Kentics. What’s y’all recommendations?

My son just started shooting this year hes 15. I have him shooting 125 grain magnus stinger 2 blades.. I haven't put the bow on a scale but hes pulling around 40 lbs at 26.5 inches

Comment

Carbon express mayhem 250 spine. Should work great

Comment

I would use the German kinetics in that situation. My son is 15 and shoots hypodermics but pulls higher weight.

Comment

German kinetics

Comment

All this sound great but Give me some ideas on an arrow I can get around 17-20% foc.

Comment

Have you put it on the chrono to see what speed it’s at? Checkout Victory VAP Elite’s, it’s a micro diameter arrows and you can buy a 50 grain insert Victory VAP TL Shok insert. I would think that arrow with that insert weighing 370 to 380 grains with a cut on contact head would work perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by JB_Archery View Post
                Have you put it on the chrono to see what speed it’s at? Checkout Victory VAP Elite’s, it’s a micro diameter arrows and you can buy a 50 grain insert Victory VAP TL Shok insert. I would think that arrow with that insert weighing 370 to 380 grains with a cut on contact head would work perfect.
                I haven’t ran through chrony yet. I’m gonna try to this evening. I’ve looked at those arrows I just can’t determine what spine to get.

Comment

I always run 300’s on arrows I set up for myself and others... always seem to broadhead tune the best... definitely want stiffer spined arrows... might not paper tune the best but I shoot animals not paper

Comment

Working...
                  X